By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Final Fantasy XIII get a rating over 90%?

By this I mean either Metacritic or Gamerankings of course. But by the looks of things it doesn't look like it's going to be over 90%. Some early reviews came in from the Japan release and there scoring it 7/10 - 8/10, I have yet to see a perfect score.

So do you think FFXIII will receive over a 90% rating for the West?

Around the Network

yes it will. FF is a huge title and no main line FF game has gotten below a 9.0 rating. and those 7 and 8/10 ratings wont even make it onto metacrtic/gamerankings

Probably mid-80's.

Yes it will.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

below 85 definetely, the game will be most hated ff ever like it is in japan already

Around the Network

I would have said yes just a few weeks ago, but the reception of the Japanese version has been mixed. At this point it's hard to say, but I think it's going to just miss 90%.

(By the way, Final Fantasy VIII is at 89.57% on GameRankings.)

no...

battle system 100pt  storyline 50pt

i mean 75pt

↑ drawn by Tino Vainamoinen aka ex-NFG.  thx 

へんたい from japan, sorry.my english is suck,so plain english plz.  thx

YES

With the mixed reviews it's getting, I doubt it.

I actually hope it averages below an 80 so they actually have to start trying again.

Yest it will. The hate wagon for FFXII is the longest yet it scored perfect from famitsu. GTAIV as well is probably the most hated of its series yet it got perfect scores everywhere. The review system is a waste of time for the most part.

However, regardless of whether the game scores 10% or 100%, I'm getting it day 1 as soon as it hits stateside. Couldn't care less what anyone else thinks.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler