By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - HotD: Overkill was downloaded 860,000 times...

HotD: Overkill was downloaded 860,000 times...

Total:0

I distrust those numbers if only because WSR is so high. Why download something you'll have to pay $20 to play anyway?

Makes me think that a lot of these were incomplete torrents, or downloaded by idiots who have no idea how to run downloaded ISO's. And then of course it's a small fraction of those who DID actually download games/manage to play them who would have actually bought the game.

But still. Terrible. Also, sadly, inevitable. It's not like digital media is the only product that is ever stolen.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Around the Network
Snesboy said:
How the hell do you download Wii games and play them on your system?

Wrong forum to ask this on, if you're serious.

Numbers seem misleading without specifics and methodology.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

And that's only 1 torrent site

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

As with all big d/l, a large percentage of them would never be completed and canceled. I am pretty sure that counter is for when you initiate the d/l and does not take into account of completed d/l.

A good game will sell, regardless of piracy. Those are the people that weren't going to buy the game anyways.
For reference, see NSMBWii.

Galaki said:
As with all big d/l, a large percentage of them would never be completed and canceled. I am pretty sure that counter is for when you initiate the d/l and does not take into account of completed d/l.

A good game will sell, regardless of piracy. Those are the people that weren't going to buy the game anyways.

But a game like NSMBW covers a broader audience.

For example, think about M rated games. The "casuals" won't buy it because they're not into them. A lot, if not most, of the "hardcore" will download them, resulting in much fewer sales.

Around the Network

It was downloaded more times than it sold...

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=25935&region=All

Just terrible. Don't need to say that 100% downloads equal missed sales. Take any percentage of those numbers and do the math for how much a game costs and you'll see what publishers are seeing. That's a lot of lost potential money.

palancas7 said:
Galaki said:

But a game like NSMBW covers a broader audience.

For example, think about M rated games. The "casuals" won't buy it because they're not into them. A lot, if not most, of the "hardcore" will download them, resulting in much fewer sales.

Then it simply means, the "hardcore" game just weren't wanted by as many as thought to be, hence, the lack of sales.

You make something people want to buy, then people will buy. It's simple.

wow these people that download games are cheap fucks lol

Why do you think the people who downloaded that games would really buy those games? In PC games I have pirated games like prototype, Mass Effect and The Sims that i would never have bought.

Many of my friends and me would have never bought a PSone o PS2 if it weren't due to its pirated games. The piracy is a fact to take in to account when you have to decide for a console, at least here, in MX.

Now I dont have any pirated game on m Wii =).