By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - HotD: Overkill was downloaded 860,000 times...

HotD: Overkill was downloaded 860,000 times...

Total:0

This sickens me more then I thought it would. Granted I'm not the one losing money these companies are but this just wrong. If you don't want to buy the game then rent it for a small fee and be done with it. Or find a friend that has bought it and borrow it. Don't steal it. I guess it bothers me more since I want certain games to do well when it comes to Nintendo so they see there is a market there and will relase more like it. However when you see things like this, and it's the games aimed at the "core players" one shouldn't be surprised to see that the focus is on the games for the "casual" market. They will either be bought or not. They won't be pirated like this, at leas to this degree. Those numbers for the PC games is just disgusting. The excuse that the game isn't avaliable can't be used anymore now that digital distribution is used a lot of PC games. Not that it was ever a valid excuse but it could at least be understood in a twisted way.

Makes me wonder if some developers miss cartridges. I would think technology has gotten to the point where one can stream the same type of data off a cart now that you can stream off a disc. If that is really the case I wonder if Nintendo would ever go back to carts. Size can not be an issue when you look at how big flash drives are now and the prices they are at. I don't really see the benefit to putting console games on disc anymore.

Around the Network

I wouldn't say that all those downloads are lost sales, if any of them really. It could be that there are only about 800,000 pirates downloading everything, and that's not as bad as I thought.

That chart is a list of the most popular games for those who don't have price/value issues affecting their decisions.

That could mean that while Punch-Out!! and House of the Dead Overkill are both amazing games desired by a great many people, most people don't think they're worth $50 because they're just too damn short.

Or it could mean that Wii pirates at torrentfreak.com only like sequels. I can't believe more people would steal Mario Power Tennis over Metroid Prime Trilogy or MadWorld or Muramasa or something.

depends on the person, i bought crisis core. even though i was playing it before release :p

the best of all? the save could be used with the UMD

... and about 750,000 of them were glad that they didn't buy it.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Wait? I think it's funny you mention casual buying things they're interested in whenever the rest of the top 5 is all casual/mainstream games.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

This is the reason for data preservation and I don't like that trend. People somehow have to relearn to value.

Just terrible. Don't need to say that 100% downloads equal missed sales. Take any percentage of those numbers and do the math for how much a game costs and you'll see what publishers are seeing. That's a lot of lost potential money.

if only 30% were happy and buy the game overkill and punch out were million selller.

But it's so much cooler to hold the disk and the boxart in your hand or regard on your shelf, isn't it? :(

Take a look at my photos on flickr

I wonder how man of those are for hacked Wii's and how many are for emulators. I tried Super Mario Brothers Wii on my computer just to see how well, if at all, it would run and quickly found out that it ran poorly.

In any case, we picked up a Wii a few days later along with Super Mario Brothers Wii and Mario Kart Wii.

I thought about installing homebrew to allow backup disc. The nephews, I cannot trust them to keep my discs to keep in mint condition.

I am just too lazy to bother with that thought, LOL.