By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what is the best game you played this generation so far

Multiplayer game: Smash Bros. Brawl
Single Player game: Metroid Prime 3

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network

Multiplayer: Cod4:MW
Single player: GTA IV

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

drift1990 said:
lestatdark said:
drift1990 said:
lestatdark said:
There hasn't been quite as an exciting and amazing of an experience in gaming, this generation, as Demon's Souls is :D

Even though I've yet to play Valkyria Chronicles and Uncharted 2, the only games that ever came close to the same amount of greatness this generation have been Lost Odyssey, Twilight Princess and Final Fantasy Dissidia.

i heard demon sould is very hard game

It is indeed, but as hard as it is, only makes completing it all that much sweeter ;) Plus, it has been quite sometime since I played a game this hard, thus I enjoyed it even more.

fair play   i mite have 2 giv it try

do u like GOW

I love the series, I played all the instalments, from GOW 1 to GOW 2 to GOW Chain of Olympus.

I'm going to get the Ultimate Edition box for GOW III when it releases here in Europe :) 

Hope you have fun with Demon's Souls if you ever get it ;)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Loved Valk Chronicles (which is number 2), but Id have to go with Demon's Souls without a doubt.

No other game this gen has had the emotional effect on me that DS has had :)  The Game will make you sweat, curse, throw stuff, yell, cry, pull out your hair, and yet at the end of the day will just bathe you in utter satisfation for completing something that you deemed impossible when you started.

I equate  Demon's Souls to my girlfriend.  Whenever I screw up its ALWAYS my fault and never the games/hers.

Then there is NG+, which takes everything above x 4 (+ adds the thoughts of mass murder) and there you have it.

Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted 2 and COD 4 MW. Can't pick one

Around the Network
Aion said:
Multiplayer: Cod4:MW
Single player: GTA IV

nice

i love cod4

i m dispointed wif gta 4   i prefer san andreas for sum reason lool

whats ur gamertag buddy

lestatdark said:
drift1990 said:
lestatdark said:
drift1990 said:
lestatdark said:
There hasn't been quite as an exciting and amazing of an experience in gaming, this generation, as Demon's Souls is :D

Even though I've yet to play Valkyria Chronicles and Uncharted 2, the only games that ever came close to the same amount of greatness this generation have been Lost Odyssey, Twilight Princess and Final Fantasy Dissidia.

i heard demon sould is very hard game

It is indeed, but as hard as it is, only makes completing it all that much sweeter ;) Plus, it has been quite sometime since I played a game this hard, thus I enjoyed it even more.

fair play   i mite have 2 giv it try

do u like GOW

I love the series, I played all the instalments, from GOW 1 to GOW 2 to GOW Chain of Olympus.

I'm going to get the Ultimate Edition box for GOW III when it releases here in Europe :) 

yh i love god of war

im felt in love wif  da serious   and i cant wait till gow 3 lol

im trying 2 get into the demo

have you played the demo?

yh i will rent the demon souls

irishLAD09 said:
Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted 2 and COD 4 MW. Can't pick one

yh true

i love mgs

which mgs u think was da best?

i say mgs3

drift1990 said:
lestatdark said:

yh i love god of war

im felt in love wif  da serious   and i cant wait till gow 3 lol

im trying 2 get into the demo

have you played the demo?

yh i will rent the demon souls

I have been trying to get into the demo as well, but so far no such luck >_<

Though I might be importing the District 9 Blu-Ray next year (I loved that movie + it gives access to the demo), so that will be sorted out ;) 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

96-100%

Fallout 3
Gears of War 2
Call of Duty Modern Warfare
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
Assassin's Creed 2
The Orange Box (more than one game though...)

92-95%

Halo 3
Gears of War
Bioshock
Resistance 2
Resident Evil 5
Crysis
Super Mario Galaxy
Assassin's Creed
GTA IV
Forza Motorsport 3
The Elder Scrolls Oblivion
Crackdown
Project Gotham Racing 4
Batman Arkham Asylum
Valkyria Chronicles

That's how I would rate the IMO best games this gen. So yeah pick one of the top 6, they're equally awesome.