By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what is the best game you played this generation so far

Uncharted 2 and Valkyria chronicles

Around the Network

Toss up.assasins creed2 and gears of war.

lestatdark said:
drift1990 said:
lestatdark said:
drift1990 said:
lestatdark said:
Severance said:
Demon's Souls.

its better than Sex.

If it was a few years ago I would agree with you!

But now, with gf and new year's eve... so yeah, Demon's Souls FTW! xD 

awww lool

dose ur gf like playin game

cause my gf hates it lool

She's a major FF fan, she knows more about FFX and FFX-2 than I could ever fathom >_< 

Also, she plays Sims a lot, I don't know what is with women and that game o.o 

i guess she is not hardcore gamer like us

but u shud feel ur self lucky  cause my gal dont even like playin video games  lol

It depends, I don't really understand the meaning of the word hardcore gamer, but she has been a gamer all her life, she used to play a lot of PC and Megadrive and we still make custom maps in Pharaoh or Caesar III to see who can do the hardest scenario.

Plus, when it comes to Final Fantasy, she can play for hours and hours straight. I once saw her go straight from Chapter 2 to Chapter 4 in 10 hours straight FFX-2 gameplay >_<

I feel very fortunate myself, my previous gf's all hated videogames so it was a bit of a connundrum, trying to juggle both things.  

cool

im not fan of RPG     i dont find it entertainment   but i mite giv it try Demon souls 

The game I'm looking forward the most now is no more heroes: desperate struggle since it's the next Wii game I'm getting, out In January.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

CASS1DY said:
Toss up.assasins creed2 and gears of war.

cool

i love gears of war

i got assasins creeed 2  but i cant get into it for sum reason lol

Around the Network
drift1990 said:
lestatdark said:
drift1990 said:
lestatdark said:
drift1990 said:
lestatdark said:
Severance said:
Demon's Souls.

its better than Sex.

If it was a few years ago I would agree with you!

But now, with gf and new year's eve... so yeah, Demon's Souls FTW! xD 

awww lool

dose ur gf like playin game

cause my gf hates it lool

She's a major FF fan, she knows more about FFX and FFX-2 than I could ever fathom >_< 

Also, she plays Sims a lot, I don't know what is with women and that game o.o 

i guess she is not hardcore gamer like us

but u shud feel ur self lucky  cause my gal dont even like playin video games  lol

It depends, I don't really understand the meaning of the word hardcore gamer, but she has been a gamer all her life, she used to play a lot of PC and Megadrive and we still make custom maps in Pharaoh or Caesar III to see who can do the hardest scenario.

Plus, when it comes to Final Fantasy, she can play for hours and hours straight. I once saw her go straight from Chapter 2 to Chapter 4 in 10 hours straight FFX-2 gameplay >_<

I feel very fortunate myself, my previous gf's all hated videogames so it was a bit of a connundrum, trying to juggle both things.  

cool

im not fan of RPG     i dont find it entertainment   but i mite giv it try Demon souls 

I understand that RPG's doesn't appeal to the majority of the gaming crowd, and that's only natural, it's not an easy genre to just pick up and play, which is the fundamentals for any video game to be appealing. 

Actually, I only started playing RPG's some years after I got into gaming, but since then, it has grown to be my favourite genre of them all (Well, RPG's and Simulators xD) 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

hunter_alien said:
vlad321 said:
Portal or World of Goo. Hard to decide between the two.

Nice choice... for another indie game I would add Machinarium to... man Im loving that game righ now Shure there are big games like MGS4 and Uncharted out there, but some of these indie games have some amazing stories to tell in an even more impressive way

I'd put Machinarium on top if I had beaten it. I need to sit on my ass and do that. Also I'm not picking indie games just so they can be indie games. It'se because I felt they were better than any other game offered on any other platform in the past 3-4 years.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Frankly, the 'best' game I have played so far this gen has been Super Mario Galaxy. From a technical/innovative/genre influencing standpoint.

But as for my favorite, that's tough. Probably Muramasa: The Demon Blade so far. With a nod towards Kirby's Canvas Curse.

Six upcoming games you should look into: