By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When will 1080P actully be used!?

GreyianStorm said:
huaxiong90 said:

Guys, stop mistaking God of War III and Gran Turismo 5 with the God of War Collection and GT5:P. Good god! This is the 10th time I've seen people say this.

That's not what's happening. We were arguing over whether or not GT5 will be 1080p. Then someone said that GT5:P was not 1080p. 2 different, but related, arguments.

I wasn't referring to that. One guy said GT5 won't be 1080P, but 1440 x 1080 native, which was the case for GT5: Prologue. Yamauchi said GT5 is in full HD. Now if the final version doesn't have 1920 x 1080p, then I'm expecting an explanation from Yamauchi.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
I see 1080P whenever I want on Blu-ray. So it is being used.

Hmmm. As a matter of fact...

Most Blu Rays I've seen upscale to 1080P, which means it's not really Full HD.

NNN2004 said:
i think GT5 P is runing at 1080p.

No it isnt I am sorry to say that but they didnt achieved this. The garage and showroom  are 1080p but the race is 1280x1080.

Games like Modern Warfare 1-2 are just  1024x600 or Bioshock is just 680p, pretty disappointing. Ridge racer 7 demo is nativ 1080p and I really saw that before. So it is a difference. 1080p will be standard next gen and its good to buy a full hd tv even if just a few games support this.

you can look up the real resolutions here:

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=46241

Dr.Grass said:
CGI-Quality said:
Netyaroze said:
If I remember correctly there is only one game that has true 1080p all other games have weird resolutions and are upscaled like you can see in the list above onlg GT5 willbe 1080p and even 60fps. Wipeout hd is not true 1080p i read somewhere why but i already forgot.

Wipeout HD dips below it at times, it's so few times you won't even notice it, but if I'm not mistaken GT5:P is rendered in 720p and then upscales.

I WISH I could play Wipeout! The internet situation here is a beaaatch and as far as I know there's no other way to play Wipeout except dl. Wip3out was one of my fav games.

X(

You can get Wipeout on disc as well. The disc-version is not officially released yet I think, but a few weeks ago they sold a Wipeout PS3 Slim Bundle here in germany which already came bundled with Wipeout HD/Fury, so you can already buy it on eBay. I bought a copy a few days ago and it was even cheaper than downloading. On PS Store, Wipeout HD + Fury costs 25 Euros, whereas I got the disc-version for just 16 Euros including shipping. Great deal, great game, great graphics!

OT: It's true, there is hardly any "normal" game running 1080p natively. The PS3 and the 360 are both simply not powerful enough to render most games in 1080p. If a game really supports true 1080p, that usually means the graphics are rather simple.

But I'm still glad I got a Full HD TV for my PS3. Even though almost all games on disc aren't actually 1080p, a lot of PSN Store games really are, and they look great on my TV. A full HD screen is also very handy when using the PS3 internet browser or watching Blu-Ray-Movies.

Blurays are always 1080p because if they arent they dont fit in th Bluray standard and the nname Bluray cant be used anymore. I never saw a Bluray without 1080p.

Bluray has to be 1080p if not then there would be atleast 1000 people i n the USA try to earn some money and sue Sony and all the other Bluray Companys because they were betrayed. bluray is always 1080p if not its not an original bluray.

Around the Network
ArnoldRimmer said:
Dr.Grass said:
CGI-Quality said:
Netyaroze said:
If I remember correctly there is only one game that has true 1080p all other games have weird resolutions and are upscaled like you can see in the list above onlg GT5 willbe 1080p and even 60fps. Wipeout hd is not true 1080p i read somewhere why but i already forgot.

Wipeout HD dips below it at times, it's so few times you won't even notice it, but if I'm not mistaken GT5:P is rendered in 720p and then upscales.

I WISH I could play Wipeout! The internet situation here is a beaaatch and as far as I know there's no other way to play Wipeout except dl. Wip3out was one of my fav games.

X(

You can get Wipeout on disc as well. The disc-version is not officially released yet I think, but a few weeks ago they sold a Wipeout PS3 Slim Bundle here in germany which already came bundled with Wipeout HD/Fury, so you can already buy it on eBay. I bought a copy a few days ago and it was even cheaper than downloading. On PS Store, Wipeout HD + Fury costs 25 Euros, whereas I got the disc-version for just 16 Euros including shipping. Great deal, great game, great graphics!

OT: It's true, there is hardly any "normal" game running 1080p natively. The PS3 and the 360 are both simply not powerful enough to render most games in 1080p. If a game really supports true 1080p, that usually means the graphics are rather simple.

But I'm still glad I got a Full HD TV for my PS3. Even though almost all games on disc aren't actually 1080p, a lot of PSN Store games really are, and they look great on my TV. A full HD screen is also very handy when using the PS3 internet browser or watching Blu-Ray-Movies.

This. Is. Good.

Netyaroze said:

Blurays are always 1080p because if they arent they dont fit in th Bluray standard and the nname Bluray cant be used anymore. I never saw a Bluray without 1080p.

Bluray has to be 1080p if not then there would be atleast 1000 people i n the USA try to earn some money and sue Sony and all the other Bluray Companys because they were betrayed. bluray is always 1080p if not its not an original bluray.

I'm sorry, but there is only one response to this: lolwut?

Being that it takes (in many areas) 4 times the processing power to render a game at 1080p @60fps as it does to render the same game at 720p @30fps, the HD consoles could play many games at these resolutions but the graphical detail and effects would fall to a level that most gamers would associate with "Wii Quality" graphics.

When you look at most multi-platform games that have a PC version, a mid-range ($1000) PCs today are getting to the point where they can reliably render their version of these games at 1080p @60fps with higher detailed assets and somewhat better effects. With how a well designed console can get similar performance out of more modest hardware, by the end of 2010 a company could (potentially) produce a console which played games like this and sell it for $300 without losing too much money. I'm not certain that you would see original games produced for this system at 1080p though being that many developers would probably favour the higher detail and better effects possible at 720p @30fps.

Netyaroze said:

Ever seen your favourite band's rock show from the 90's available in BluRay? Well, many of those vids were captured with cameras that simply couldn't record resolutions of 1080P. So the old images are then upscaled to 1080P, even though they're not 1080P native. That's what I mean. IMO it might be called 1080P,but it sure as hell doesn't look like BBC Earth does, not even close...

Netyaroze said:
NNN2004 said:
i think GT5 P is runing at 1080p.

No it isnt I am sorry to say that but they didnt achieved this. The garage and showroom  are 1080p but the race is 1280x1080.

Games like Modern Warfare 1-2 are just  1024x600 or Bioshock is just 680p, pretty disappointing. Ridge racer 7 demo is nativ 1080p and I really saw that before. So it is a difference. 1080p will be standard next gen and its good to buy a full hd tv even if just a few games support this.

you can look up the real resolutions here:

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=46241

ridge racer 7 full game is also 1080p.