By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When will 1080P actully be used!?

If I remember correctly there is only one game that has true 1080p all other games have weird resolutions and are upscaled like you can see in the list above onlg GT5 willbe 1080p and even 60fps. Wipeout hd is not true 1080p i read somewhere why but i already forgot.

Around the Network

WKC also uses native 1080P and in game isn't that great...

It's pretty good you already bought a excellent TV, i believe next-gen is going to have 1080P as standard resolution, and buying one already guarantee that you won't need to buy another TV for next-gen like we had to this one.

CGI-Quality said:

OT: God of War III willl be in 1080p, Gran Turismo 5 will be in 1080p. Just to name a few.

Gran Turismo 5 is 1440 x 1080 native (and 720 in replay) not 1920 x 1080 which is true HD.

God of War 3 is 720 native.

"You have the right to the remains of a silent attorney"

Pixeljunk Monsters uses 1080p I believe. The graphics aren't phenomenal in terms of realism, but if you look at them carefully they are incredibly crisp. I think that's the difference between 720p and 1080p, in terms of game graphics. It isn't that the graphics themselves will become more real looking, it is that they will look a lot crisper, so it looks as if you're not looking at them through a TV but through a window.

el_rika said:
CGI-Quality said:

OT: God of War III willl be in 1080p, Gran Turismo 5 will be in 1080p. Just to name a few.

Gran Turismo 5 is 1440 x 1080 native (and 720 in replay) not 1920 x 1080 which is true HD.

1440*1080? Do you have a link? Not that I don't believe you, but that is a really odd resolution. It is like it isn't being designed for widescreen, so there will be black space above and below the picture (or it will be artificially stretched, making everything look "fat").

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Netyaroze said:
If I remember correctly there is only one game that has true 1080p all other games have weird resolutions and are upscaled like you can see in the list above onlg GT5 willbe 1080p and even 60fps. Wipeout hd is not true 1080p i read somewhere why but i already forgot.

Wipeout HD dips below it at times, it's so few times you won't even notice it, but if I'm not mistaken GT5:P is rendered in 720p and then upscales.

I WISH I could play Wipeout! The internet situation here is a beaaatch and as far as I know there's no other way to play Wipeout except dl. Wip3out was one of my fav games.

X(

It is in a lot of games, unfortunately the framerate suffers in turn.

Apparently, GOW3 will have 1080p native resolution: http://www.slicegaming.com/news/776/god-of-war-3-scans-reveal-1080p-native-no-load-screens-and-your-typical-gow-minigames/
Just one source though, so not definitive by any means. Just seemed people were interested.

Ok I thought the list posted above was this list: http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=46241

but it wasnt in this list you will see how crude the resolutions are in reality. They also show how much AA every game has. AA is always used on expend of the resolutions plus there are very good explanations in the first post. graphically simple games can be easily 1080p but games like GT5 which will have 1080p and 60fps are really some kind of wonder. Unless they dont have AA.

GT5:P has NO 1080p almost no game has real 1080p if it has good graphics.

el_rika said:
CGI-Quality said:

Is GT5 already out ? How do you know which resolouion it will have ?