By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonette PS3 get 39/40 Famitsu and 8.2 IGN,BIG difference

When Bayonetta released in Japan,one of the biggest Japanese publisher and reviewer reviewed the game and gave the 360 version perfect 40/40 and the PS3 version 38/40.Yeah,the 360 version is better and40/40 is a great score.But as reviewed by Famitsu,PS3 got 38/40 and that is also a great score.

So by Famitsu's point of view there 360 version of Bayonetta was perfect but PS3 version wasn't much behind even if the port was a bad one.But when one of the biggest western reviewer IGN,reviewed both the versions.The 360 version scored 9.5 and PS3 version scored 8.2.Now that's a big difference.

Now the game that got reviewed in Japan and the one in the West was the same,just the voice acting would have changed for the game.But why was there so much difference between the PS3 and 360 scores in the West and the PS3 version score in the West and in Japan.

There seems to be something wrong with IGN or Famitsu.Many people are accusing IGN was paid to show a big difference between 360 and PS3 versions.

And the IGN reviewer also said "Bayonetta 360 was the best Action game he has ever played".So does that mean it is better than God of War,lol........

Around the Network

38/40 (ps3)

Looking forward to: FF Versus XIII / LBP2 / The Last Guardian / Yakuza 4 / ICO Collection

Famitsu gave the PS3 version 38/40
Also 1UP gave the PS3 version A- and the X360 version A.

Famitsu review is too high

IGN review is too low

The PS3 version deserves a 8.8-90

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

PhantomLink said:

Famitsu review is too high

IGN review is too low

The PS3 version deserves a 8.8-90

i was thinking the same thing

Around the Network
Jin_Shihouin said:
38/40 (ps3)

sorry i forgot but even 38/40 isn't bad compared to IGN's 8.2

Solid_Snake4RD said:

And the IGN reviewer also said "Bayonetta 360 was the best Action game he has ever played".So does that mean it is better than God of War,lol........

Oh no, he has different opinion that you. How could he, how could he.

I too think, that DMC serie is better than GoW (didn´t try Bayonetta yet). World is weird, huh?

WHo cares? Judging by the preorder numbers, neiother will have a massive opening and the PS3 version migth actually lead the WW sales because of Japan. That serves right for PG, maybe next time they will take the PS3 more seriously and wont outsource their next project to a crappy dev team

Also, judging by the demo, IMO the game is overhyped, a lot, and it does not deserve the praises it gets/will get. Dont gewt me wrong Il probably play the full game sooner or later anyways, this is just my first impression

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Nanaki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

Oh no, he has different opinion that you. How could he, how could he.

I too think, that DMC serie is better than GoW (didn´t try Bayonetta yet). World is weird, huh?

LOL!!!

bump