By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonette PS3 get 39/40 Famitsu and 8.2 IGN,BIG difference

disolitude said:
This is getting so old...

People, this isn't a technical game...visuals, slight presentation issues, longer load times...they will matter to MikeP. Your average gamer will enjoy this game no matter what console its on.

its not about which console people play it on.Obviously the 360 version is better here but why is there so much difference for the PS3 score.

If the PS3 version was so bad then why did Famitsu rate it so high

Around the Network
iorijay said:
In my opinion, I think there is something wrong with IGN, the difference is too big. it's abnormal.maybe someone paid for the score.....

exactly

Solid_Snake4RD said:
iorijay said:
In my opinion, I think there is something wrong with IGN, the difference is too big. it's abnormal.maybe someone paid for the score.....

exactly

"exactly" what???

I don't believe I'm reading this. Like MS gives a f#$k about how Bayonetta scored against its PS3 counterpart, onlly because a dev didn't afford the cost of developing the game on PS3 by itself. And furthermore the ..."paid" (? o_O ?) them???

And since when exactly should Western media agree with Famitsu's score? As far as I'm concerned, I'm living in a different planet with these guys over there. So, where is the peculiar thing?

hunter_alien said:
WHo cares? Judging by the preorder numbers, neiother will have a massive opening and the PS3 version migth actually lead the WW sales because of Japan. That serves right for PG, maybe next time they will take the PS3 more seriously and wont outsource their next project to a crappy dev team

Also, judging by the demo, IMO the game is overhyped, a lot, and it does not deserve the praises it gets/will get. Dont gewt me wrong Il probably play the full game sooner or later anyways, this is just my first impression

Here's the thing though, PG is one of the best developers, period. Also, they're struggling. They were fired from their last gig at Capcom for making great games that nobody bought. PG probably isn't even the one who decided to port this game to the PS3, I'd bet dollars to doughnuts it was Sega.

So, when PS3 only owners, in their hateful spite, wish poorly upon PG, they are really wishing for one of the best developers in the industry to go out of business, because their publisher didn't do a good enough job picking the porting team.

Here's what's wrong with that: Nobody gets to play the games they would have made, because they would never make them. That is not a good thing, no matter what temporary satisfaction that gives Sony fans.

Another thing, even multiplats that are perfectly equal, get hate all the time from Sony fans just for competing with their exclusives. I can't tell you the hate that Prototype got just because it released around the time Infamous did, from PS3 fans. This game would get marginalized from GoW lobbiests either way.

Next, there are tons of PS3 games that are inferior. This isn't the first, it's obviously an issue porting games to the console, that's why currently, developers are leading with the PS3 and porting from there to the 360. Bayonetta probably started development before that trend.

...and for the record, imho, if you pasted Kratos over Bayonetta, and changed scripts for the games, dollars to mf'n doughnuts, GodoNetta would go down as the best action game ever made. Believe me, the fighting system is deep and intricate with a touch of excellence only the inventor of the genre could have added. In GoW4, innovations from Bayonetta will be added.

You don't see it yet, but imho, the game deserves far more praise than it's getting, which is already a considerable amount from reviewers and fans. Future action games will copy this. If you've ever liked a DMC game, this is much better, and that's it in a nutshell.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

@Zen

Have you played Dantes inferno demo? If so, what did you think?

I don't even think you can compare it to Bayonetta. Even if we leave out the fact that Dantes is just a by the numbers rip off and just focus on the gameplay aspects...the depth of combat difference between the two games is just staggering.

The sad thing is that Dantes will sell through the roof cause kids like violence and naked boobs in cutscenes.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
@Zen

Have you played Dantes inferno demo? If so, what did you think?

I don't even think you can compare it to Bayonetta. Even if we leave out the fact that Dantes is just a by the numbers rip off and just focus on the gameplay aspects...the depth of combat difference between the two games is just staggering.

The sad thing is that Dantes will sell through the roof cause kids like violence and naked boobs in cutscenes.

A sad truth.....

I am the Playstation Avenger.

The reason why Bayonetta on PS3 scored significantly lower is that western gamers are basically graphics/framerate junkies.

Another example was Last Remnant which got good reviews in Japan but was ripped apart by Western reviewers for being released in an unfinished state.

I'm just wondering when Famitsu became the yardstick of journalistic integrity and quality?

I'd tend to go for the third option, there is something wrong with Famitsu and IGN.

I'm still waiting for any proof that IGN was payed off. A link? Anything?

dsister44 said:
I'm still waiting for any proof that IGN was payed off. A link? Anything?

THIS

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E