By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonette PS3 get 39/40 Famitsu and 8.2 IGN,BIG difference

disolitude said:
This is getting so old...

People, this isn't a technical game...visuals, slight presentation issues, longer load times...they will matter to MikeB. Your average gamer will enjoy this game no matter what console its on.

LOL!!

It is a bit disappointing though, regardless...It's one thing when Capcom does it, but Sega?

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
huaxiong90 said:
disolitude said:
This is getting so old...

People, this isn't a technical game...visuals, slight presentation issues, longer load times...they will matter to MikeB. Your average gamer will enjoy this game no matter what console its on.

LOL!!

It is a bit disappointing though, regardless...It's one thing when Capcom does it, but Sega?

Who knows. Maybe they had Sonic Team port the game... that would explain it.

hsrob said:
I'm just wondering when Famitsu became the yardstick of journalistic integrity and quality?

I'd tend to go for the third option, there is something wrong with Famitsu and IGN.

How bout Edge Magazine or 1up?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
hsrob said:
I'm just wondering when Famitsu became the yardstick of journalistic integrity and quality?

I'd tend to go for the third option, there is something wrong with Famitsu and IGN.

How bout Edge Magazine or 1up?

In terms of being a yardstick or having something wrong with them?

I didn't mind Edge's reviews and used to be a regular buyer, at some point I stopped reading but it wasn't due to dissatisfaction.  I quite liked the way they reviewed, they definitely have their own way and seem to be happy to march to the beat of their own drum.  They seem to prize creativity and originality above most other factors and use the ten point scale the way I think it should be used.  I know many people say they have gone downhill in recent years but having not read many of their reviews in this time I can't say if I agree or not.

I've never followed 1-UP very closely so I can't comment on them generally but of the few reviews that I have read I've found them to be a little unpredictible.  Not so much the writing of the reviews but rather the scores and since I've found their conclusions don't particularly match my own I tend to not pay alot of attention to them.

p.s. Just looking at the rest of the thread I don't subscribe to the theory that IGN was paid off for the Bayonetta review or anything like that.  I don't really believe in Metacritic, I prefer to try to find a review a couple of review sources who's tastes and expectations are in line with my own, IGN used to be one of them but no longer is.

darklich13 said:
Geez, did IGN hurt your feelings or something?

y u so butthurt on his opinion? He never said "LOLOL IGN GIT PAID FER SCOR", he just mentioned about some rumors on it, like with every weird low score.

Around the Network
MakoInfused said:
darklich13 said:
Geez, did IGN hurt your feelings or something?

y u so butthurt on his opinion? He never said "LOLOL IGN GIT PAID FER SCOR", he just mentioned about some rumors on it, like with every weird low score.

There are no rumors. I have asked twice now. I haven't even gotten a link

I hated this game since its unveiling months ago. When I saw an EP Daily interview it just boiled my blood I cant get behind these typical capcom like graphics and lighting and this witch character is an amusing.

Looks like a vagina with legs...

And now my thoughts are accurate. What I don't understand with something like GoW which is Euro-American centric game for guys based off a character that looks like a bad ass, compared to some walking vagina who looks ugly as hell based on Japan centric crowd made on xbox with cheesy gun play amidst dozens of good shooter or actions game. Basically they are like narrowing it down to a million best case.

I hate capcom because of their graphics and presentation so generic

"Rainbird: Why don't Nintendo and Microsoft Copy the Sony Blog?

Bagenome:You can't shoot things on a blog, and babies can't read, so I don't think it would suit either one's target audience."

d21lewis said:
Honestly, do JRPG makers even realize how hard it is to save the world? That shit is impossible!

I don't think they were paid, but I do think the review is probably unfair. With that said however, it's now clear to me that the 360 version is somewhat better in a couple ways.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Digital Foundry already made comparisons videos for this game.

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/digital-foundry-bayonetta-performance-analysis-part-1

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/digitalfoundry-bayonetta-performance-analysis-part-2

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/digitalfoundry-bayonetta-face-off-comparison-video

See for yourself man. There are really huge differences. Let´s not begin rumours about IGN or starting to believe that their are paid for Microsoft. Sega screwed this one baddly.

-ku- said:
I hated this game since its unveiling months ago. When I saw an EP Daily interview it just boiled my blood I cant get behind these typical capcom like graphics and lighting and this witch character is an amusing.

Looks like a vagina with legs...

And now my thoughts are accurate. What I don't understand with something like GoW which is Euro-American centric game for guys based off a character that looks like a bad ass, compared to some walking vagina who looks ugly as hell based on Japan centric crowd made on xbox with cheesy gun play amidst dozens of good shooter or actions game. Basically they are like narrowing it down to a million best case.

I hate capcom because of their graphics and presentation so generic

lol, ok

A. Bayonetta looks like a Vagina with legs? Explain.

B. How is playing as a vagina with legs worse than playing as a half naked man?

C. Are you talking about Bayonetta, because it's by Sega, not capcom....

D. Those "dozens of shooters and action games" probably are all absolute laughable shit compared to Bayonetta on the 360, but that's what cha call an opinion.

E. You hate the graphics and presentation of RE4, RE5, Viewtiful Joe, and Okami?

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.