By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I have lost faith in the Wii and its future

Play4Fun said:

As soon as I saw it was ROL's thread and read the damn OP I knew what was going on!

What's with the group of posters in this community who like to make these 'double meaning/parody' threads?

Why can't you just say what you mean damnit?! You know yourselves! ROL! That annoying axt guy! And some others! It's as if you are trying to out-do each other!

If I ever see a thread like this again...I will strike this place with the fury of a thousand burning suns!

My face is filled with hot wrath as I write this post! My body shakes with anger , my teeth are gritted and my fists clenched!

You are the cause of my anger!Anger me no more lest you feel my wrath!

You (about a week from now):

Around the Network

sadly, this "short lived fad" seems to be coming to an end now after five or six years. So sad :(

I wish Nintnedo would have kept making proper software for the Wii. Seeing the rage from gaming sites at Nintendo's sucess and believing that their "hardcore gaming" would eventually die out was so enjoyable. I really wanted the Wii to kill  off the modern "hardcore", they deserved it after all their crusades against Nintendo.

I LOVE ICELAND!

It's funny looking at this thread, believing Patcher that a WiiHD would come out in '09? I mean, really...

The Wii, IMO, was strong late '09 and all of '10, and may have a strong end to the year and next, depending on E3, of course. The Wii is fading away into the history books, but it won't be going quietly.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

LOL I understood too late this was a 2007 thread...good old times for Wii XD

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Onimusha12 said:

Sony fans have been able to stick it out despite one of the worst system launches in recent history and perhaps the most dismal series of events to ever befall a console in its first year.

Xbox fans have been able to cope with a console that has at least a 30% failure rate if not substantially higher with no market in Japan and a severe lack of diversity in games.

PC Gamers have been riding a dissapearing medium for the last decade, if not longer, having to fight off obscurity with each new Game Console Generation.

And you're upset because of a lull in the Japanese Market for the Wii and the less than best sales of one game.... God Nintendo fans have gotten spoiled.

Good post.

EDIT: Even though it's 4 years old...Why the hell does the post have today's date?

Around the Network
KungKras said:

sadly, this "short lived fad" seems to be coming to an end now after five or six years. So sad :(

I wish Nintnedo would have kept making proper software for the Wii. Seeing the rage from gaming sites at Nintendo's sucess and believing that their "hardcore gaming" would eventually die out was so enjoyable. I really wanted the Wii to kill  off the modern "hardcore", they deserved it after all their crusades against Nintendo.

And now Nintendo should get smacked for acting like those people are who they need to court.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
KungKras said:

And now Nintendo should get smacked for acting like those people are who they need to court.

Sad, but true :(

I really hope, that in some crazy way, Nintendo will strike gold with the Cafe, not likely from the executive statements they are making, but I really hope they remain successful. I never want to go back to the PS2 dark ages, never ever.

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
KungKras said:

I really hope, that in some crazy way, Nintendo will strike gold with the Cafe, not likely from the executive statements they are making, but I really hope they remain successful. I never want to go back to the PS2 dark ages, never ever.

PS2 days were good times. You had a PS2, you had every game imaginable, the exception being Mario. 3rd Party support was just ginormous.

VetteDude said:
KungKras said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
KungKras said:

PS2 days were good times. You had a PS2, you had every game imaginable, the exception being Mario. 3rd Party support was just ginormous.

The PS2 era was only good if you were a PS2 gamer.

Sega fans lost their favourite console maker and most of their creative talent.

Nintendo drifted more towards irrelevance.

PC gaming declined from the beyond awesome nineties.

The only bright spot if you were not into Playstation was the rise of the Xbox, but that console was just a Playstation with less third parties.

God I hate those days.

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:

I don't hate most games the average "hardcore" gamers tend to like, but I would've liked to see those egotistical, "the industry must revolve around us" twat-heads put in their place at least for a whole gen.