By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I have lost faith in the Wii and its future

Your post seems like a parody at some points. Is it?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Sony fans have been able to stick it out despite one of the worst system launches in recent history and perhaps the most dismal series of events to ever befall a console in its first year.

Xbox fans have been able to cope with a console that has at least a 30% failure rate if not substantially higher with no market in Japan and a severe lack of diversity in games.

PC Gamers have been riding a dissapearing medium for the last decade, if not longer, having to fight off obscurity with each new Game Console Generation.

And you're upset because of a lull in the Japanese Market for the Wii and the less than best sales of one game.... God Nintendo fans have gotten spoiled.

Onimusha12 said:
Sony fans have been able to stick out one of the worst system launches and dismal series of events for a console in recent history.

Xbox fans have been able to cope with a console that has at least a 30% failure rate if not substantially higher with no market in Japan.

And you're upset because of a lull in the Japanese Market and the less than best sales of one game.... God Nintendo fans have gotten spoiled.

You're right. We have gotten spoiled. Personally, I still believe Wii will get 1st or 2nd place. There is so much going next year, this thing will still keep going.

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

Rol has been hax0red!!!!111!11

This is so pathetic......

It is not because SMG sold below expetations of ever nintendo fanboy that you guys should again bash the PS owners.

Good job rol.

Around the Network

Well, personally I agree, but it just seems so unlikely that a console with the success of the wii would ultimately fail.

Welcome to my world, RolStoppable.

I wouldn't agree that the Wii is "just a fad" - 13m units sold isn't a fad. Nevertheless, I think that some people have presumptiously assumed that since the Wii is selling at a breakneck speed, it'll always sell at a breakneck speed.

Christmas 07 will be the teller of all things: will consumers really addopt alot of Wii software, like 06 (which it bounced upto a 4.0 attach rate on games like M:UA, CoD3, and Madden in the US), or will it follow the path of strong minigame sales?

Time will tell. Nevertheless, if the Wii does only move ~60k systems in Japan this week, it might not be the greatest, as the Japanese only view the Wii as a ultra-casual system, and wind up with DS attach rates (which are great for a handheld, but not for a console).

However, the big question is how it fares in the Western markets. PAL and the US are where it's at.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Regarding the points that you make in your post, they've been intensively discussed in this forum already. It seems that all you did was collect together a bunch of Wii negativity in the same post, which is why I previously asked if you're writing this for the sake of parody.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Wii is still outselling everyone, I don't see the problem. Call me when it gets 6 months of PS3 sales (from early 2007).

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

Welcome to my thoughts before we hit this holiday season, we've finally get choices now, but I wonder if anyone realizes that, or have they already give up before we reached this point.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA