By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Super Mario Galaxy 2 Thread

Khuutra said:
Mr Khan said:

No, but i have over 5000 in hand that i can deposit, and then i just have to spam that one Boulder star from melty monster. Not pleasant, but easy enough.

Remember: it's quicker to just die at the end.

What's all this talk about saving up star bits? I'm at 102 stars right now so I don't know what's next but don't tell me you have to feed 9999 Star Bits to a Luma at one point.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Khuutra said:
Mr Khan said:

No, but i have over 5000 in hand that i can deposit, and then i just have to spam that one Boulder star from melty monster. Not pleasant, but easy enough.

What's all this talk about saving up star bits? I'm at 102 stars right now so I don't know what's next but don't tell me you have to feed 9999 Star Bits to a Luma at one point.

To the toad who serves as a star bits bank (he's right next to the mail toad). You don't have to until you have 241, so you've got some time.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Khuutra said:
Mr Khan said:

To the toad who serves as a star bits bank (he's right next to the mail toad). You don't have to until you have 241, so you've got some time.

That greedy bastard!

Signature goes here!

Eh, the reward's not worth the aggravation. I'll leave the comet medal and number 242 behind.

It's time for Monster Hunter again.

Mr Khan said:

Eh, the reward's not worth the aggravation. I'll leave the comet medal and number 242 behind.

Can't beat 241?

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

"I'm thankful for all you've done."

What, that doesn't make it all worthwhile?

...No. No it doesn't. But I beat it anway! Go me! I was expecting something - anything - that had an effect on gameplay, though. Still, by far one of the most satisfying game experiences I've yet tasted. I feel it does stand up to the original in my mind, which is something I did not expect.

I think the search for the green stars was a good way to add some value to the game without spending a lot of development resources. Some of them - Bowser Jr.'s Fiery Flotilla 1, Flipsville 3, Clockwork Ruins 2 - were golden (Har har!) with how they forced you think outside the box and exploit gameplay mechanics and level design. I hope to see something to that extent in future titles.

I'm at 44 stars! am i going too fast? (started after N's E3)

anyways, my new fav is Tall Trunk Galaxy! :)

Khuutra said:
Mr Khan said:

Can't beat 241?

Nah, 241 is easy, but i was tired of getting cheap-killed in the hunt for the comet medal and having to go all the way back to the beginning of the grab-star section. And i just don't feel that it's worth it.

Mr Khan said:

Nah, 241 is easy, but i was tired of getting cheap-killed in the hunt for the comet medal and having to go all the way back to the beginning of the grab-star section. And i just don't feel that it's worth it.

...Ah, that part. Well, killing the Hammer Bros. first is the best way to not get cheap-killed, you know. If you have a partner, then....

Yay! I'm back from vacation. Now I can play this game more!

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash