By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Super Mario Galaxy 2 Thread

Yeah I'm pretty slow... I will fix it soon *plays now*

Around the Network

Ok so ive played through the first 2 worlds and its great, but way too similar to the first in my opinion (i know i haven't played that much, but i can't believe reviewers have been so kind to it).

My favorite galaxy so far is Honeybloom, its very nutty.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Well, the level design is more clever than in Galaxy because it is not limitated by the laws of platforming and the configuration of the Worlds is better and more beautiful.

I currently have 94 stars! You will familiarize with World S! 

megaman79 said:

Ok so ive played through the first 2 worlds and its great, but way too similar to the first in my opinion (i know i haven't played that much, but i can't believe reviewers have been so kind to it).

My favorite galaxy so far is Honeybloom, its very nutty.

only a lot more cleverer and complex (even a bit difficult in places, which the first one wasn't)...but yeah i could see how someone might take a glimpse and think it was exactly the same, judging it on looks alone.

I should be careful though, as your remark was dated the 1/7 (a fellow aussie I take it?) so you have most probably played it more by now and are currently convinced it is indeed the masterpiece the critics said it was!

Around the Network

Okay...is it cheating to get my wife's help with "The Perfect Run"?

Cause, that f**king board is killing me. I am literally wrapped up in a fetal position saying to myself "one more star, one more star...".

Just got the game a couple of days ago and I'm at the start of World 2 with 11 stars. Got all Comet Coins so far, but what do they serve for?

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:

Just got the game a couple of days ago and I'm at the start of World 2 with 11 stars. Got all Comet Coins so far, but what do they serve for?

Prankster comets will arrive at the locations where you have obtained the Comet Medals, I will not tell you any more due to slight spoilers. 

Rainbow Yoshi said:
lestatdark said:

Prankster comets will arrive at the locations where you have obtained the Comet Medals, I will not tell you any more due to slight spoilers. 

Thanks

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Is it me, or are Prankster comet stars much easier on Galaxy 2 than in the original? Granted, I've only done the prankster comet stars for the majority of the galaxies of the first three worlds, but even still, there was almost no challenge in them. 

The only one where I died one time was Tall Trunk's Purple Coin Slide, because on my first run I didn't know that some Purple Coins are positioned in paths that get you killed. 

Oh well, currently I have 47 stars and I'm just before the start of Rolling Masterpiece Galaxy.

Current PC Build