By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should any fan of the FF series be worried about FF XIII?

KungKras said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Every FF after VII has been "love it or hate it" because it continually reinvents itself. Truth is, like every FF before it, it will be a great game that many will absolutely love, but it won't be what many expect, and because it is not what many expect, some people will hate it.

Once again, one of the few series' that continually reinvents itself, and it has such a huge fanbase, that no iteration is going to please them all. Plus, the FF series has a tendency to indulge itself a bit, which means that it won't just barely stray from what fans want, it will turn those expectations on their head.

Basically, Final Fantasy is like a Tarentino movie. You never know what you're going to get, and if you go in with certain expectations, you will be dissapointed, but the end results is pretty much always great, becasue in the end, the guy just knows what the hell he's doing.

Still, No FF has ever matched the sales of VII, sales has declined since. This means Square must be doing something wrong.

That's 100% subjective.

Around the Network

^ Sales are subjective?

I LOVE ICELAND!

I don't care about the linear story...I actually prefer that.  I am a little bit worried about a few other things such as the battles being strategic enough and not having much as far as items....and no leveling up.  But only time will tell.  As long as the story is really good and the game last me about 70 hours, I'll be content.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Regardless of it's quality, many will love it, many will hate it, especially among the self proclaimed "hardcore" fans.

"You have the right to the remains of a silent attorney"

KungKras said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Every FF after VII has been "love it or hate it" because it continually reinvents itself. Truth is, like every FF before it, it will be a great game that many will absolutely love, but it won't be what many expect, and because it is not what many expect, some people will hate it.

Once again, one of the few series' that continually reinvents itself, and it has such a huge fanbase, that no iteration is going to please them all. Plus, the FF series has a tendency to indulge itself a bit, which means that it won't just barely stray from what fans want, it will turn those expectations on their head.

Basically, Final Fantasy is like a Tarentino movie. You never know what you're going to get, and if you go in with certain expectations, you will be dissapointed, but the end results is pretty much always great, becasue in the end, the guy just knows what the hell he's doing.

Still, No FF has ever matched the sales of VII, sales has declined since. This means Square must be doing something wrong.

You can't blame the declining Japanese gaming market or the userbase of the PS3 on Square-Enix. If Square is doing something wrong, it certainly isn't in the quality of their Final Fantasy games, because game quality has little to nothing to do with sales of a game this big. Period.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

I'm 100x more worried about the direction of the FF games coming out for the wii. Those games are so bad it takes my breath away. FFXIII will be fine, just like every other mainstay flagship FF game. There are gonna be lovers and haters, thats just how the series is. Personally I think FFXIII is great.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

There are no towns in the game? This is the first I've heard of this and I am not a fan of that one bit!! I'm still not worried, but come on towns are a part of every FF game!!

rapsuperstar31 said:
There are no towns in the game? This is the first I've heard of this and I am not a fan of that one bit!! I'm still not worried, but come on towns are a part of every FF game!!

Wait, are there NO towns, or just FEW towns.

You only really need 1 town, btw. A big huge one. A hub town.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

rapsuperstar31 said:

oh really?? i seem to recall FFX having very little towns and uh that was my favourite game ever lol

reaver_x said:
rapsuperstar31 said:

oh really?? i seem to recall FFX having very little towns and uh that was my favourite game ever lol

Oh god yes, lol. I love that game.

Auron: "Enough!"

/bam

theme music.

NO NO, NO NO NO.