By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should any fan of the FF series be worried about FF XIII?

I have read a lot of bad review about FF XIII saying the game is linear (Which FF isn't), no towns (I heard you can still buy stuff on save point so not going to miss the towns that much) and a lot of other things.

I know that if you are a true FF series fan, than there is a high probability that you will enjoy FF XIII. I am a big fan of the series since FF1 on the NES. As a FF series fan this is what I really care about in a FF game:

1) Story: If the story and the plot is good then no problem for me and FF stories has always been good so far in my opinion

2) Battle: If battles are strategic skill and character building then good for me

3) Side Quest: If there are things that can make me stronger and do a little detour to get thoses things and if the challenge is worth the price then I am good

4) Grinding sometimes a MUST: I don't usually run from battle in order to reach higher levels

5) The plot twist: I like them to be unexpected

Edit: 6) Lets not forget the importance of an AMAZINGLY CRAZY Villain (My favorites are: Kefka, Sephirot, Kuja)

If the game has those six parts mentioned above then I am pretty sure that I will totally enjoy this game.

Around the Network

FFXIII looks something I will like very much.

No the fans will love maybe not people new to the series.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Come on, people complain about FFX and FFXII that much or even more, we all already know about how such things turn out. I guess just you can't please to everyone when comes up to FF, even if the game is of the highest quality as usual.

riecsou said:

I have read a lot of bad review about FF XIII saying the game is linear (Which FF isn't), no towns (I heard you can still buy stuff on save point so not going to miss the towns that much) and a lot of other things.

I know that if you are a true FF series fan, than there is a high probability that you will enjoy FF XIII. I am a big fan of the series since FF1 on the NES. As a FF series fan this is what I really care about in a FF game:

1) Story: If the story and the plot is good then no problem for me and FF stories has always been good so far in my opinion

2) Battle: If battles are strategic skill and character building then good for me

3) Side Quest: If there are things that can make me stronger and do a little detour to get thoses things and if the challenge is worth the price then I am good

4) Grinding sometimes a MUST: I don't usually run from battle in order to reach higher levels

5) The plot twist: I like them to be unexpected

6) And the most important of them all, an AMAZINGLY CRAZY Villain (My favorites are: Kefka, Sephirot, Kuja)

If the game has those six parts mentioned above then I am pretty sure that I will totally enjoy this game.

out of all the points u said. number 1 the story, strikes me as the most important. FFXII was IMO the worst in the whole series b/c the story was so terrible. This game however will most likely be superior concidering the FFX team is developing this(and FFX was one of my favourite games ever so it counts for something lol) plus everything ive seen up till now in the trailers and what not, has made me even more hyped up for this game. So im probably going to enjoy it and it will rediem my view on the series in a positive way that was tarnished thanks to FFX-2 and FFXII.

Around the Network

Be very worried.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

it looks like there trying to improve on what they did with crisis core.. but from what i heard the hype for me went way down

FFX was linear also... look how well that was made.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 > Modern Warfare 2

And I know many that have regrets of purchasing FFX, it happened with XII too

I suspect there will be some that will regret buying FFXIII.

no towns looked a bad move...