By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why People Are Not Liking FFXIII

One more thing people, DON'T LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE AT GAMEFAQS!!!! They are just trolls who have never even as much as touched FFXIII. If you want some real and HONEST impressions for FFXIII, then I suggest you go to this thread from Neogaf

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=382008

Around the Network
DaBuddahN said:
huaxiong90 said:
Tallgeese101 said:
DaBuddahN said:
huaxiong90 said:
DaBuddahN said:
huaxiong90 said:
Tallgeese101 said:
Well I loved FFX so that bit is reassuring.

@DaBuddahN
I wonder if leading development on PS3 had any negative impact on side quests and lack of towns to visit etc.

How about you actually question his reasoning for such a statement instead of naturally assuming he's a fanboy and playing the role of the devil's advocate?

Thanks for the defense huax. :) Didn't notice this reply. Anyways, if you check my reply to Kowenicki you will see why I am concerned about the port. It has mostly to do with DVD swapping and DVD storage limits. And, if my reasoning is wrong, I would be more than happy to retract my statement.

No problem. I know what you're saying, and I can see the logic behind it, and I do agree (even Kitase said the multiplat move did cause some compromises). What ticked me off is how sensitive some people are of certain subjects, and how quickly they'll dismiss claims that don't fit their agenda, even if there is some reasoning behind it.

I know what you mean, I've seen this subject brought up before and the discussion it has formed in the past is ridiculous. It's like flame wars all over the place, and IMO it is a valid point. DVD swapping and DVD storage limit are very important take into consideration. It's almost as if certain people believe the DVD capacity has no limit. This is why all Final Fantasies, since 7 have been released on the console with the most storage capacity, among other things. This is why I am a bit uneasy about the port.

@Hauxiong90 Well my responce was to "I wonder if porting this to the 360 had any negative impact on side quests and lack of towns to visit etc." which I think is a fairly flamable statement when unsupported.  Regardess he did give his reasons in a later post which is fair enough.  Regarding sensivity to subjects, you cant just make a statement without any reasoning and expect not to be brought up on it.  And I think your reading to deeply into the matter of peoples 'agendas'

Regarding the multi disc issue, FF7-9 all had multiple discs and it did not seem to hamper them, indeed the single disc FFX and 12 both were more limited in exploration from some perspectives.

Anyway the game is what it is and will should be judged on its own merits for both systems.  Im getting it on PS3 as my 360 sounds like a vacuum cleaner without installing and I dont have 20gb spare.

I understand, and I apologize for generalizing, but it never hurts to just ask about his reasoning. To respond with heated words is only making the situation worse. There are indeed some cases where claims are just absolutely outlandish, but Yoshinori Kitase has admitted himself that the multiplat move caused a few compromises in development, so there is some water to it.

I do my best to never post something negative about another console without having something to back it up. And as Huax has stated, apparently, the multiplat move has caused some compromises. True, I should have stated my reasons in my first post, but I was in sort of a rush. 

Im sorry aswell!

If every single person that bought the game gave it a 0/10 I'd still buy it.

I do expect an extremely good game though, if a game is in production for more then 5 years then it better be damn good for making us wait all this long.

Because it's linear for the first 20 hours.

People complaining about how linear an RPG is? Ahahahaha!

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network

I don't like it because it is a jrpg.

Mirson said:

Because it's linear for the first 20 hours.

First we get on rails "guided" first person shooter games, and now we get on rails "guided" JRPG games?

Hahahha I kidd. ^_^

But that is extremely linear. >_>

You forgot to mention we got a Guided Adventure game (Zelda Spirit Tracks)

Bue yeah, that looks pretty linear : / where are the cool dungeons with a hundred corridors to get lost with the cool music

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!

no level ups and towns?
I no longer want a wii port that it would have been anyway downgraded drastically

I love that people who haven't played the game keep posting two maps from the beginning of the game, and then mentioning that the game is like that for 20 hours.

Even though,

1.) They have no idea what the game looks like after the first two dungeons (assuming those are the first two, and not cherrypicked).

2.) There are impressions of the game on English-speaking forums, written by people who are in the middle of playing the game, which can be easily read by anyone with an internet browser, that suggest the game opens up in interesting ways long before the 20 hour mark.

3.) Anyone who has seen gameplay of the demo released almost a year ago has already seen one of the long areas shown in the maps.

4.) You can't tell what a game plays like from looking at the minimaps.

Final Fantasy really brings out the crazy.