By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why People Are Not Liking FFXIII

After reading more reviews, I've come to the conclusion that FFXIII = FFX. It you loved FFX (like I did) then you will most likely love FFXIII (it makes sense since FFXIII is pretty much made by the same team as FFX). If you hated FFX, then most likely you will hate FFXIII as well. I mean, its the same thing. FFX was pretty much linear until you got the Zanarkand (that is like half way through the game) and FFX was filled with alot of cutscenes. But the biggest problem people seem to be having with FFXIII is that its not a rpg-like rpg (like that famitsu reviewer said). There are hardly any towns, there is no leveling up, all the shopping is done at saving points, only 8 items are usable in combat, you can only upgrade weapons (not buy them in shops like you do in most rpgs). FFXIII is more akin to an action-adventure game (kinda like Metal Gear Solid) then an actual rpg. Hardcore, Old-School and and FF veteran rpg gamers will most likely be turned off by FFXIII if you expect it to have the foundations of most other rpgs. All in all, FFXIII is different from the average rpg (maybe alittle too different) and that seems to be the problem fans are having with FFXIII.

Around the Network

why do you care so much about others opinions? just enjoy the game.
i always liked Dirge of Cerberus , everyone hated it, i say, eff off i dont care

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

upgrading weopons? ff8.

Severance said:

why do you care so much about others opinions? just enjoy the game.
i always liked Dirge of Cerberus , everyone hated it, i say, eff off i dont care

I don't care. I'm just adressing the problems people are having with FFXIII. I thought it would be nice to have a discussion about it. That's all.

what little amount of towns, is it even less than FFX?? Because if it is then I know this game may only be gettting rented now, and I was really starting to like the looks of it as well.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network
psfanboy said:
upgrading weopons? ff8.

I loved that part. Greatest Weapon - the Lionheart - kick ass.  Anways, ppl try to  hold on the the past. I enjoy every new system - Keeps it gresh - I also loved loved the Junction system :D

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

A Final Fantasy game without Nobuo is not Final Fantasy.

The music of the games is one of the reasons why I like FF.

Hardly any towns? Are you sure? I like towns... :(
I don't hate FFXIII, it's hard to hate something I haven't played, but I don't like the lack of Amano's character design. FFXIII isn't the only FF that lacks that though.

I'm not going to judge the game beforehand, but from your post it doesn't sound as promising as I had hoped. And I love FFX to death. I'll still buy the game and hopefully enjoy it, but the outlook seems more grim after reading your post.

Yay, I loved FFX =D

I don't get the complaining about the game being different than other FF's though.. isn't that kind of what the series is about?