By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why People Are Not Liking FFXIII

Tallgeese101 said:
Well I loved FFX so that bit is reassuring.

@DaBuddahN
I wonder if leading development on PS3 had any negative impact on side quests and lack of towns to visit etc.

How about you actually question his reasoning for such a statement instead of naturally assuming he's a fanboy and playing the role of the devil's advocate?

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
DaBuddahN said:
Severance said:
nordlead said:
this sounds like some of the threads that got started when DQIX launched.

lol i made that thread.

and for the same exact reason, reviewers from Amazon, it got like 240  one star reviews and only 11 , five star reviews

And was it that bad? oo; Sorry, never played it..

nethier did i, it didn't release in the US yet.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

huaxiong90 said:
Tallgeese101 said:

@DaBuddahN
I wonder if leading development on PS3 had any negative impact on side quests and lack of towns to visit etc.

How about you actually question his reasoning for such a statement instead of naturally assuming he's a fanboy and playing the role of the devil's advocate?

Thanks for the defense huax. :) Didn't notice this reply. Anyways, if you check my reply to Kowenicki you will see why I am concerned about the port. It has mostly to do with DVD swapping and DVD storage limits. And, if my reasoning is wrong, I would be more than happy to retract my statement.

CGI-Quality said:
huaxiong90 said:
Tallgeese101 said:

@DaBuddahN

Beyond that, I don't see how leading on the PS3 would hinder it's development.

OT: People aren't liking it because, like any videogame, there will be people who do and don't like it. Nothing is different here, tons of people will/do like it.

I think he had a reasonable explanation, I believe in Star Ocean 4 you had to swap discs if you wanted to go back and do certain side quests? It's totally possible they changed some of the way FFXIII is designed to avoid the 360 version having to do that - as they probably wouldn't get away with it when it's not an exclusive.

I doubt we actually lost any content in the end, but I wouldn't be surprised if Square Enix perhaps 'backloaded' the side quests more so then intended so that they could all be put on the last disk of the 360 version, to avoid disk swapping? A similiar thing happend with the PS1 versions if I recall correctly, the last disk tended to open up all the old areas as to save space.

DaBuddahN said:
huaxiong90 said:
Tallgeese101 said:

@DaBuddahN

Thanks for the defense huax. :) Didn't notice this reply. Anyways, if you check my reply to Kowenicki you will see why I am concerned about the port. It has mostly to do with DVD swapping and DVD storage limits. And, if my reasoning is wrong, I would be more than happy to retract my statement.

No problem. I know what you're saying, and I can see the logic behind it, and I do agree (even Kitase said the multiplat move did cause some compromises). What ticked me off is how sensitive some people are of certain subjects, and how quickly they'll dismiss claims that don't fit their agenda, even if there is some reasoning behind it.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

I dunno who I was agreeing and disagreeing with, just expanding on his explanation of how DVD size could hinder FFXIII :P.

I don't think it's going to make any real noticeable difference, just obviously some of the games design would have been altered.

These are my complaints about the game: (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)
Too Linear
Barely any towns
Shop is at save point
Snow is your typical "I wanna save the world and protect everyone character" still cool though
Hope...complains too much
Auto healed after each battle
Battle system/Crystalium takes elements from X, X-2, and Xenosaga.

For me, I think they made some of these changes to appeal to a bigger audience, or just make it simpler/easier. Can't believe I waited this long for this...

The game is good, but nothing groundbreaking.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

huaxiong90 said:
DaBuddahN said:
huaxiong90 said:
Tallgeese101 said:

@DaBuddahN

No problem. I know what you're saying, and I can see the logic behind it, and I do agree (even Kitase said the multiplat move did cause some compromises). What ticked me off is how sensitive some people are of certain subjects, and how quickly they'll dismiss claims that don't fit their agenda, even if there is some reasoning behind it.

I know what you mean, I've seen this subject brought up before and the discussion it has formed in the past is ridiculous. It's like flame wars all over the place, and IMO it is a valid point. DVD swapping and DVD storage limit are very important take into consideration. It's almost as if certain people believe the DVD capacity has no limit. This is why all Final Fantasies, since 7 have been released on the console with the most storage capacity, among other things. This is why I am a bit uneasy about the port.

who the f*ck liked towns?
Think about it. You walk around an area looking for the specific vendors, and nobody ever really says anything valuable or interesting. Instead of more playing the game, you spend time running back and forth between different stores in several different parts of the town.

Anyway, I'm tired of people asking for a "traditional" final fantasy game. Just go play the originals and STFU. Those are those and these are these. I for one don't want to play the same game over and over, rescuing orbs or gems or w/e and running around a map using several types of craft which only work on one type of terrain so you can go into a cave, woods, castle, or town....

If XIII is like X then I am going to absolutely love it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!