By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why People Are Not Liking FFXIII

I am what you call a Veteran FF player.

If this is like FFX then holy shit, best FF ever, like FFX is. If the plot is equal to FFX, then FF XIII > FFX out of battle system reasons. Also... if "Linear" is a complaint... go play a WRPG. Lots of JRPG's are linear.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
who the f*ck liked towns?
Think about it. You walk around an area looking for the specific vendors, and nobody ever really says anything valuable or interesting. Instead of more playing the game, you spend time running back and forth between different stores in several different parts of the town.

Anyway, I'm tired of people asking for a "traditional" final fantasy game. Just go play the originals and STFU. Those are those and these are these. I for one don't want to play the same game over and over, rescuing orbs or gems or w/e and running around a map using several types of craft which only work on one type of terrain so you can go into a cave, woods, castle, or town....

Towns are pretty much respite from all the action. What if, say I just want to venture off and explore a new area and grind my character because he's lacking?

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

CGI-Quality said:
Xen said:

I am what you call a Veteran FF player.

If this is like FFX then holy shit, best FF ever, like FFVII is. If the plot is equal to FFX, then FF XIII > FFX out of battle system reasons. Also... if "Linear" is a complaint... go play a WRPG. Lots of JRPG's are linear.

Yes, I agree

VII?

Don't insult the series.

After reading your post you killed the little bit of hype i hard for that game :(, i want a Final Fantasy 6 remake ASAP, this game is just sinking Final Fantasy

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!

Why are people complaining about linearity in an FF game? It's like when SSBB came out. It wasn't quite what people imagined so they started talking about how bad it was. We should wait until Western reviewers get their hands on the game before we judge.

Around the Network

I read on neoaf hat story is as good as final fantasy 6 by many people. thats bad for me I thought final fantasy 6 story was too big and confusing at times. here you are saying its like ff10? maybe we should just say it will be like ff13

DaBuddahN said:
huaxiong90 said:
DaBuddahN said:
huaxiong90 said:
Tallgeese101 said:
Well I loved FFX so that bit is reassuring.

@DaBuddahN
I wonder if leading development on PS3 had any negative impact on side quests and lack of towns to visit etc.

How about you actually question his reasoning for such a statement instead of naturally assuming he's a fanboy and playing the role of the devil's advocate?

Thanks for the defense huax. :) Didn't notice this reply. Anyways, if you check my reply to Kowenicki you will see why I am concerned about the port. It has mostly to do with DVD swapping and DVD storage limits. And, if my reasoning is wrong, I would be more than happy to retract my statement.

No problem. I know what you're saying, and I can see the logic behind it, and I do agree (even Kitase said the multiplat move did cause some compromises). What ticked me off is how sensitive some people are of certain subjects, and how quickly they'll dismiss claims that don't fit their agenda, even if there is some reasoning behind it.

I know what you mean, I've seen this subject brought up before and the discussion it has formed in the past is ridiculous. It's like flame wars all over the place, and IMO it is a valid point. DVD swapping and DVD storage limit are very important take into consideration. It's almost as if certain people believe the DVD capacity has no limit. This is why all Final Fantasies, since 7 have been released on the console with the most storage capacity, among other things. This is why I am a bit uneasy about the port.

@Hauxiong90 Well my responce was to "I wonder if porting this to the 360 had any negative impact on side quests and lack of towns to visit etc." which I think is a fairly flamable statement when unsupported.  Regardess he did give his reasons in a later post which is fair enough.  Regarding sensivity to subjects, you cant just make a statement without any reasoning and expect not to be brought up on it.  And I think your reading to deeply into the matter of peoples 'agendas'

Regarding the multi disc issue, FF7-9 all had multiple discs and it did not seem to hamper them, indeed the single disc FFX and 12 both were more limited in exploration from some perspectives.

Anyway the game is what it is and will should be judged on its own merits for both systems.  Im getting it on PS3 as my 360 sounds like a vacuum cleaner without installing and I dont have 20gb spare.

This happened when DQ9 came out, and then everything was fine after that. Dont be too worried about this, i'm sure the game's just fine

Tallgeese101 said:
DaBuddahN said:
huaxiong90 said:
DaBuddahN said:
huaxiong90 said:
Tallgeese101 said:
Well I loved FFX so that bit is reassuring.

@DaBuddahN
I wonder if leading development on PS3 had any negative impact on side quests and lack of towns to visit etc.

How about you actually question his reasoning for such a statement instead of naturally assuming he's a fanboy and playing the role of the devil's advocate?

Thanks for the defense huax. :) Didn't notice this reply. Anyways, if you check my reply to Kowenicki you will see why I am concerned about the port. It has mostly to do with DVD swapping and DVD storage limits. And, if my reasoning is wrong, I would be more than happy to retract my statement.

No problem. I know what you're saying, and I can see the logic behind it, and I do agree (even Kitase said the multiplat move did cause some compromises). What ticked me off is how sensitive some people are of certain subjects, and how quickly they'll dismiss claims that don't fit their agenda, even if there is some reasoning behind it.

I know what you mean, I've seen this subject brought up before and the discussion it has formed in the past is ridiculous. It's like flame wars all over the place, and IMO it is a valid point. DVD swapping and DVD storage limit are very important take into consideration. It's almost as if certain people believe the DVD capacity has no limit. This is why all Final Fantasies, since 7 have been released on the console with the most storage capacity, among other things. This is why I am a bit uneasy about the port.

@Hauxiong90 Well my responce was to "I wonder if porting this to the 360 had any negative impact on side quests and lack of towns to visit etc." which I think is a fairly flamable statement when unsupported.  Regardess he did give his reasons in a later post which is fair enough.  Regarding sensivity to subjects, you cant just make a statement without any reasoning and expect not to be brought up on it.  And I think your reading to deeply into the matter of peoples 'agendas'

Regarding the multi disc issue, FF7-9 all had multiple discs and it did not seem to hamper them, indeed the single disc FFX and 12 both were more limited in exploration from some perspectives.

Anyway the game is what it is and will should be judged on its own merits for both systems.  Im getting it on PS3 as my 360 sounds like a vacuum cleaner without installing and I dont have 20gb spare.

I understand, and I apologize for generalizing, but it never hurts to just ask about his reasoning. To respond with heated words is only making the situation worse. There are indeed some cases where claims are just absolutely outlandish, but Yoshinori Kitase has admitted himself that the multiplat move caused a few compromises in development, so there is some water to it.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Why are you all bothered about this? It is a Final Fantasy, it must be awesome. Just like FFv13, which will be awesome, too.