By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Japan makes the best games.....wtf?!? (poll discussion)

The question is highly subjective based on genre preferences. So as a jRPG fan of course I'm going to vote that Japan makes the best games. Between jRPG, Team Ico, Capcom, Nintendo, yaddah yaddah fans of course Japan won.

Around the Network
jesus kung fu magic said:
darthdevidem01 said:
hahahahahaha

Wii sports changed this gen

nothing significant

hahahaha! (MGS4 & FF13 say YO!)

One released game and one UNRELEASED game (meaning youve never played it) say YO?

UNRELEASED?

ROFL ROFL ROFL @ YOU

THE NEXT FANTASY IS HERE TODAY!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Japan has barely had heavy hitters this gen. The majority of heavy hitters this gen have been western.

InFamous, Batman Arkham Asylum, Uncharted 1 &2, Fable 2, Halo 3, Mass Effect 1 & 2, Modern Warfare 1 &2, Jak and Daxter, GOW3, Gears of War 1 & 2, Heavenly Sword, Assassins Creed 1 & 2, and much much more say hi. The majority of AAA titles launched this gen are majorly in the western court. Japan has run dry. Their only glimmer or hope is in 2010 and that is the only sign of significance from them. The west have owned this gen in dominant form.

To drive my point further, how could you choose between Metal Gear and Uncharted? Its like picking your favorite child.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

*sigh*

J Man, you want a List? Here goes:

Super Mario Galaxy
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Metal Gear Solid 4
Demon's Souls
Dragon Quest IX
Monster Hunter Freedom
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Street Fighter IV
Devil May Cry
Ninja Gaiden
Pokemon Diamond
No More Heroes
Wii Series
Metroid Prime 3

Shall I continue?

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

@Darth

What the hell is up with that magazine cover btw? Why is the black guy some kind of animal?

darthdevidem01 said:
jesus kung fu magic said:
darthdevidem01 said:
hahahahahaha

Wii sports changed this gen

nothing significant

hahahaha! (MGS4 & FF13 say YO!)

One released game and one UNRELEASED game (meaning youve never played it) say YO?

UNRELEASED?

ROFL ROFL ROFL @ YOU

THE NEXT FANTASY IS HERE TODAY!

I realize you're a fan but bringing up games you haven't played isn't a great argument. For all you know 13 sucks.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Torillian said:
@Darth

What the hell is up with that magazine cover btw? Why is the black guy some kind of animal?

I have no idea, I assure you he is not an animal int he game rofl!

maybe they were trying to be funky but failed?

Or maybe they thought he was like kimahri

arghh its confusing

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

It's stupid for people to assume Japan has owned this gen when the mass majority of AAA titles have been western.

Did everybody forget?..... not only does Japan make better games, Japan IS games.... theve been slow this gen, but overall yes absolutely... western developers can just barely make a game that doesnt include a guy holding a gun