By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Japan makes the best games.....wtf?!? (poll discussion)

nope japan deserves all the votes they can get. This gen or not it makes no difference. if it wasnt for them, gaming would be dead right now im serious. Or have u guys forgotten that it was AMERICANS that nearly buried the gaming industry back in the 80's. And who brought gaming back to life?? oh yea it was the japanese. Face it they have done more for the gaming industry than americans will do in a lifetime

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Japan has barely had heavy hitters this gen. The majority of heavy hitters this gen have been western.

InFamous, Batman Arkham Asylum, Uncharted 1 &2, Fable 2, Halo 3, Mass Effect 1 & 2, Modern Warfare 1 &2, Jak and Daxter, GOW3, Gears of War 1 & 2, Heavenly Sword, Assassins Creed 1 & 2, and much much more say hi. The majority of AAA titles launched this gen are majorly in the western court. Japan has run dry. Their only glimmer or hope is in 2010 and that is the only sign of significance from them. The west have owned this gen in dominant form.

Off the top of my head:  Dead Rising (1.78 mil), Lost Planet (2.3 mil), DMC 4 (2.3 mil), Resident Evil 5 (5 mil), Mario Kart Wii (19 mil), Super Mario Galaxy (8 mil), SSBB (9 mil), MGS 4 (4.3 mil), GT5 Prologue (3.3 mil), Ninja Gaiden 2/Sigma 2 (1.4 mil), Wii Sports Resort (7.9 mil)

Then there are the great games like Valkyria Chronicles and Demons Souls that don't necessarily light up the sales chart.  Doesn't take away from the fact that they are awesome games.

Coming up we have GT5, Final Fantasy 13, The Last Guardian, Lost Planet 2, Bayonetta, and more (Dead Rising 2 has been outsourced).  Again, this is all just off the top of my head, so I'm sure other people can add to what I've said.

It's also kind of unfair that you are basically pitting Japan against the rest of the world combined.

Japan GAVE me Demon's Souls. So they win. Valk Chronicles as well. So they win again.

With FF13, Japan will win again.

lestatdark said:
Well, since my Japanese list is based on personal opinion, I shall give the same personal opinion for Western Games:

Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2

Dragon Age
Bioshock
Dead Space
Forza 3
Uncharted

Uncharted 2
Little Big Planet
Gears of War

Gears of War 2
Halo 3
Halo 3: ODST

Torchlight
Titan Quest
Resistance

Resistance 2

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2, Assassins Creed 1 &2, PGR 3 & 4, Heavy Rain, Killzone 2, InFamous, Crackdown 2, Grand Theft Auto IV, Saints Row 1 & 2, Condemned 1 & 2, Alpha Protocol, All COD games this gen, Unreal Tournament III and much much more.

And that's pretty much it

for me it is UK and Japan this gen.

Enough said

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

FF13 FF14 FF VERSUS 13 UMM FINAL FANTASY! OO UMM MGS :O

Xxain said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Xxain said:
Did everybody forget?..... not only does Japan make better games, Japan IS games.... theve been slow this gen, but overall yes absolutely... western developers can just barely make a game that doesnt include a guy holding a gun

List of great non-Japanese made games that do not depend on guns this gen:

InFamous

Alan Wake

Dragon Age

Batman Arkham Asylum

Assassins Creed 2

Heavenly Sword

Guitar Hero franchise

Rock Band franchise

Forza 3

Project Gotham

Little Big Planet

Prince of Persia

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2

Brutal Legend

Oblivion

Prototype

Burnout Paradise

Pure

Dirt 2

Need for Speed: Shift

American (canada included)/ European devs have been owning this gen.

19?.... just like I said..barely, poor westernern developers..when will they unlock the door to creativity?

I hope your just trolling, because if not you are missing out on amazing games

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Xxain said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Xxain said:
Did everybody forget?..... not only does Japan make better games, Japan IS games.... theve been slow this gen, but overall yes absolutely... western developers can just barely make a game that doesnt include a guy holding a gun

List of great non-Japanese made games that do not depend on guns this gen:

InFamous

Alan Wake

Dragon Age

Batman Arkham Asylum

Assassins Creed 2

Heavenly Sword

Guitar Hero franchise

Rock Band franchise

Forza 3

Project Gotham

Little Big Planet

Prince of Persia

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2

Brutal Legend

Oblivion

Prototype

Burnout Paradise

Pure

Dirt 2

Need for Speed: Shift

American (canada included)/ European devs have been owning this gen.

19?.... just like I said..barely, poor westernern developers..when will they unlock the door to creativity?

The majority of the games that have been AAA or near that have been made by western devs, if you need more games listed just say the word. This was only a taste.

The wii is the most popular system this generation... driven by... software from Nintendo mostly.

So... no, i'd say Japan makes the best.

Kasz216 said:
The wii is the most popular system this generation... driven by... software from Nintendo mostly.

So... no, i'd say Japan makes the best.

Wii sales are driven by some of the lowest quality software I've ever seen, not exactly a great argument for quality.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype