By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Japan makes the best games.....wtf?!? (poll discussion)

I finally played BAYONETTA

It's really that good, doesn't look great, but damn it got the gameplay down.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

Ok the J man wants every member listing games to see where they stand on reputable review sites and how many Canadian games , American games etc. beat them out......just try not to overload the system when your listing them though

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

There haven't been many revolutionary games this generation, period. The ones I can think of right off the bat are Portal and Nintendo's "casual" line of Wii games.

PS. I'm not including PSN and XBL games. There have been a few revolutionary offerings from developers of smaller games. I'm also not including handhelds because I just don't feel like listing all the weird games that have been offered on the DS/PSP.

In short, I think it goes Nintendo>Western devs>all other Japanese devs

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

You are cool J-man, however im sorry you don't share the opinion most of us do, because japan deserves that title.

Japan is game

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

Japan wins.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Let us see. My favorite three console games this generation came from Japan: SSBB, Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort. My favorite handheld game this generation came from Japan: Picross DS. My favorite PC game this generation came from the US: Plants vs Zombies. My favorite fighting game this generation came from Japan: SSBB. My favorite puzzle game this generation came from Japan: Picross DS. My favorite racing game this generation came from Japan: Mario Kart Wii. My favorite RPG this generation came from Japan: Super Paper Mario. My favorite out there game this generation came from Japan: Kororinpa: Marble Mania.

I would say as far as I am concerned, Japan is above all other nations combined. Heck, I'd put Nintendo above every US company combined.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

hahahahahaha

Wii sports changed this gen

nothing significant

hahahaha! (MGS4 & FF13 say YO!)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
hahahahahaha

Wii sports changed this gen

nothing significant

hahahaha! (MGS4 & FF13 say YO!)

One released game and one UNRELEASED game (meaning youve never played it) say YO?

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

To the OP I say this: Metal Gear Solid 4, Valkryia Chronicles and Demons Souls. 3 of the best games this gen and all from japan.

As for the question of whether the east or west has made the best games, Ill say this: If someone were to ignore games based solely on the fact that they are western or japanese, that person is missing out on absolutely amazing games and can not consider themselves a gaming fan. Doom, Half-Life, Metal Gear, Final fantasy, Fallout, Zelda, Street fighter, Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil, Eternal Darkness. I pity the fool who misses out on any of these games.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype