By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda hype can go down the sewers if...

Sony shows up an epic  AAA adventure game, using wand and therefore mechanics of swordplaay, archery, etc very similar to Zelda Wii, and HD visuals that obviously could rape Zelda???

I might be exagerating, or maybe I am, Zelda is Zelda ok, I'm very hyped, but you could see this happening? As much as I love Zelda, such a thing like this would make a slam tilt in my head... despite not standing a chance against Zeld in my preferences  :)

Around the Network

Nothing can kill the hype of a Zelda game. That's just crazy talk.

I am not even a Zelda fan and I only like it a little bit. I like Mario Starfox Kirby Animal Crossing Pikmin and others way more then Zelda.

With that said...

I can still say that Sony would NEVER be able to effect Zelda hype and would never be able to hurt its sales even with 20 sword-like adventure games!

So you're asking if Sony making a "me-too" Zelda game would take away hype from the actual Zelda?

Nope. Would not happen...

Simply because Zelda is an established franchise with one heck of a loyal fanbase.

Around the Network

It's is true that for SOME people who do not appreciate the legend (pun intended) of Zelda as well as the memories, and Nintendo's sheer awesomeness, such a game might hold sway. But for some of us, nothing Sony would produce would keep us from playing (and enjoying) a well made Zelda title.

Sony cannot destroy Zelda, only Nintendo can.

So you're saying that if Sony made a game -exactly- like Zelda, but better, Zelda hype would die down?

Isn't that true with any game?

What the hell is the point of this thread again?

I have never played Zelda, but the way nintendo and gamers in general praise it so much, I doubt it very much ....

Please don't start a "Zelda killer" phase!

Yeah sure, everyone would just forget about Zelda if one of their competitors came out with another game similar to it.

Come on, even if they'd try to create something similar, it would *never* be Zelda. Zelda has a certain status that's been built up over the last 20+ years, over the span of 15 or so games that have almost without exception been rated among the top games of their respective generations. Zelda has a legendary status, a level of hype surrounding it few other games could ever hope to achieve. Anyone remember E3 2004? People cried.

Besides, one does not simply crap out a game comparable to Zelda, it'd take years, and what's more, tens upon tens of millions of Dollars, if it were to be done on an HD system. That's not a gamble any developer would like to take, especially with a new IP.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

That's impossible. No copy of Zelda could ever be anything close to being as good as Zelda.