By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda hype can go down the sewers if...

haven't you heard 3D Dot games is already stealing some of the original Zelda's thunder lol, just joking, it never will sell as many copies no matter how hard they try.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network

Sony used the Zelda theme at one of their launch, does that count?

Zelda is fuc*** zelda , they can try , but nothing will ever be bigger than zelda in video games ...
Okami ? they tryed for sure its cool , but dont coming even close of a true zelda experience ... too easy and too simple ... to match

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

Sony should buy "The Prisoner of Zenda" rights, so it could do HD Zenda games without Nintendo being able to do anything, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

There's an argument to say that Okami bettered Zelda, but then you'd have to ask the three people that bought it...

Zelda is Zelda, and besides, if someone did come out with an obvious rip-off, who would play it? You can't beat something simply by copying it, you have to try and replicate it and better it as well.

If there was a developer capable of doing so, they would have done it already...

VGChartz

Around the Network

About the whole Okami thing, well, I played that game to death, along with tons of other action adventure games over the years. And, while not being as great as a Zelda game, Okami is, in my experience, the closest any game has ever gotten to establishing an experience roughly comparable to Zelda. Not really up there, but way ahead of any other game that's ever been.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

You guys are failing to notice that it wasn't just copying Zelda that was needed to kill Zelda hype, it must have the SONY WAND!!!

ok, I'm done here.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
You guys are failing to notice that it wasn't just copying Zelda that was needed to kill Zelda hype, it must have the SONY WAND!!!

ok, I'm done here.

Oh wow yeah totally forgot about that! OMG!

No wait, that thing doesn't have a control stick. XD

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

So are you asking for a HD version of Dark Cloud?

nordlead said:

ok, I'm done here.

Enter the new genre: DICKKNRPG! (Dildo Ice-Cream Killer Klown Nose RPG)

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!