By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN N-Podcast 60 and Summary - How Wii doesn't even compare to Current Gen.

Haven't people been banned on here for saying less offensive stuff than what is listed in the podcast?

Around the Network

Actually I'm quite glad IGN did this. Otherwise I wouldn't have found out about Radio Free Nintendo.

Great podcast.

Thanks noname2200

Oh and thanks IGN for being whining morons.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

wick said:
Actually I'm quite glad IGN did this. Otherwise I wouldn't have found out about Radio Free Nintendo.

Great podcast.

Thanks noname2200

Oh and thanks IGN for being whining morons.

Always happy to spread the word!

richardhutnik said:

Haven't people been banned on here for saying less offensive stuff than what is listed in the podcast?

I'm guessing so, but I haven't actually listened to it. So it's an admittedly wild guess.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

noname2200 said:
So, I'm not sure how much longer this thread is going to go, but if there are any folks here who are looking for a great Nintendo podcast to replace the never-all-that-fun IGN one, I'd like to suggest Radio Free Nintendo. It's funny, it's not-at-all fanboyish (all the cast have other systems too, and talk about those games at least once per episode), and the Retroactive's are AWESOME. Download the Super Metroid one in particular; I'm sure it'll make you want to listen to more.

I've been listening to them for the past few months. They are pretty good discussion wise and in terms of jokes. They actually talk about the games they are playing, the good and bad about them instead of how they wish Nintendo was doing this and that. They play other systems and even talk about those games as well but never to bash the Wii or Nintendo. It's as if they accepted the differences between the systems and it isn't an issue for them. They still enjoy the games because they are good games not because they aren't on the same level as the 360 or PS3 games. It's nice to see them go from talking about Zelda: Spirit Tracks to talking about Mass Effect without any problems at all. Not comparing them either just talking about them based on their own merit. They had a good discussion about Sin and Punishment 2 a few episodes ago. Their talk about it, one of the overseas host picked up the Japanese version, made me actually interested in the game. The entire tone is different from IGN even on their good days in the past as well. It's relaxed but at the same time far more professional and mature then IGN's Nintendo podcast.

TheWiire.com's podcast is decent as well. Faster paced and they more or less talk about the various things they've blogged over the past week or two but still there is a nice discussion that takes place between the host.

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:

IGN is banning itself from the internet one shitty front page rant at a time.

some of these arguements are very insulting and some are stupid like the acheivements...i can care less. But...about nintendo selling out to the mass and the wii having nothing is true.
however i quite enjoy mario galaxy.

okay....

nice...

even if it's out of context, I don't care, the only thing I was still using IGN for was videos and their daily fix, but that's been glitchy since their site revamp and last night it didn't even work.... bye bye IGN.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

NeoStar9 said:
noname2200 said:
So, I'm not sure how much longer this thread is going to go, but if there are any folks here who are looking for a great Nintendo podcast to replace the never-all-that-fun IGN one, I'd like to suggest Radio Free Nintendo. It's funny, it's not-at-all fanboyish (all the cast have other systems too, and talk about those games at least once per episode), and the Retroactive's are AWESOME. Download the Super Metroid one in particular; I'm sure it'll make you want to listen to more.

I've been listening to them for the past few months. They are pretty good discussion wise and in terms of jokes. They actually talk about the games they are playing, the good and bad about them instead of how they wish Nintendo was doing this and that. They play other systems and even talk about those games as well but never to bash the Wii or Nintendo. It's as if they accepted the differences between the systems and it isn't an issue for them. They still enjoy the games because they are good games not because they aren't on the same level as the 360 or PS3 games. It's nice to see them go from talking about Zelda: Spirit Tracks to talking about Mass Effect without any problems at all. Not comparing them either just talking about them based on their own merit. They had a good discussion about Sin and Punishment 2 a few episodes ago. Their talk about it, one of the overseas host picked up the Japanese version, made me actually interested in the game. The entire tone is different from IGN even on their good days in the past as well. It's relaxed but at the same time far more professional and mature then IGN's Nintendo podcast.

TheWiire.com's podcast is decent as well. Faster paced and they more or less talk about the various things they've blogged over the past week or two but still there is a nice discussion that takes place between the host.

Well put; I think that's a perfect description of RFN. And yeah, Sin and Punishment 2 is on my list primarily because of Greg: he speaks glowingly of it, but at the same time he acknowledges the faults and flaws. That makes me even more interested.

I'll give theWiire a shot. Thanks for the recommendation!

And look at how the Wii sells... 1,5 million this week. I think many people disagree with IGN XD