By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN N-Podcast 60 and Summary - How Wii doesn't even compare to Current Gen.

Gnizmo said:
FKNetwork said:
Lolcislaw said:

I never understood why Achievments are so important they just a number on the internet that means nothing (well maybe how much time u spent playing), maybe im not hardcore but i just think that getting some ridicilous achievments on the 360 is a waste of time.

Wow, how wrong and biased can someone be! i bet if the wii had them you would be LOVING them....

I agree with him, and I have a 360. Hell I have been on the hunt for a new game to play on it recently. The difficulty of the achievements is meaningless to me. I usually just don't care about them. It doesn't inspire me to try something new and exciting. Normally its just some random retarded feat that I don't even care to attempt.

Also, there are plenty of Wii games with achievments. I ignore them as well for the same reasons. I did go after a lot of the ones for Brawl, and Soul Calibur 4 though. This is because of in game rewards associated with them though.

Same here.  Achievements to me are a waste.  If I want to feel like I accomplished something I don't try to fool myself with a video game.  Achievements would probably make you feel pretty good about yourself though, if all you do is waste away on the couch that is. 

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

Around the Network
FKNetwork said:
Lolcislaw said:

I never understood why Achievments are so important they just a number on the internet that means nothing (well maybe how much time u spent playing), maybe im not hardcore but i just think that getting some ridicilous achievments on the 360 is a waste of time.

Wow, how wrong and biased can someone be! i bet if the wii had them you would be LOVING them....

Not me.  MP:Corruption had achievements and I couldn't have cared less.  I don't care about the ones in WSR unless they unlock something.  Perhaps the tone of his comment was a little harsh, but not everyone has to agree with everyone else.

I never understood the rabid obsession that a lot of HD 'hardcore' gamers have with achievements either...

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Oh well, looks like the staff at the IGN Wii channel needs a dramatic overhaul. You shouldn't hire people to work in a console department unless they are absolute loyalists!

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

kylohk said:
Oh well, looks like the staff at the IGN Wii channel needs a dramatic overhaul. You shouldn't hire people to work in a console department unless they are absolute loyalists!

Then you'd have fanboys anyway. Just have people who actually like the system.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

I read every point as give me attention.