By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How Big Will NSMB Wii Be? Possibly 9 Million Before the End of the Year?

5.1 million in 3 weeks?

1.7 million per week?

No. NO game sells those sorts of numbers.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
daveJ said:
Your numbers are too high in all regions. We'll find out Japan at the end of the week. But for what its worth on USA amazon NSMBwii is currently 20th, also its not even the number 1 wii title, btw the number 1 title overall is xbox360:MW2

Amazon is a very tiny peice of the market, and does not represent reality. If we only looked at Amazon.com, scribblenaughts would already be at 1m sold in the US.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Kantor said:
5.1 million in 3 weeks?

1.7 million per week?

No. NO game sells those sorts of numbers.

Actually it's 5.1 million in 4 weeks or 1.275 million a week.  And normally games don't sell those numbers but it is possible.  Main reason it is possible is because of the strong Japanese sales.  Most games, either due to separate release, not so strong legs in Japan, or titles that are strong in the west aren't strong in the East cause for something like this to not be possible.  But Mario of course has broken all those rules. 

ioi said:
I don't see how the Japan estimates are high, they look about right to me...

Well then I'll take your word on it then haha.

ioi said:
950k -> 450k -> 275k -> 300k -> 250k -> 150k looks about right to me for Japan.

Damn.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network
ioi said:

Well given that my last week of Japan sales might be a little high for NSMB Wii, which I did comment on, but otherwise that fits my middle ground quite nicely.  Awesome.

Zucas said:
ioi said:

Well given that my last week of Japan sales might be a little high for NSMB Wii, which I did comment on, but otherwise that fits my middle ground quite nicely.  Awesome.

I'd imagine the same situation....in my dreams. When (not if) NSMB does this, it will be sick.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

The leak of the second week numbers for NSMB in Japan is perfectly in line with that prediction from ioi.

Zucas, you fail in japan's second week. XD According to famitsu it sold more, 464k. XD

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

daveJ said:
Your numbers are too high in all regions. We'll find out Japan at the end of the week. But for what its worth on USA amazon NSMBwii is currently 20th, also its not even the number 1 wii title, btw the number 1 title overall is xbox360:MW2

maybe cuz its not in stock.