By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How Big Will NSMB Wii Be? Possibly 9 Million Before the End of the Year?

Yea after looking over some more sales, my Japan sales might be high in week 4 as I've termed it in this thread. Generally thought that week was pretty big for Japan, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Not going to make any adjustments, but I do think I agree with the sentiments that my Japanese numbers might be a little high because of that.

Around the Network

Just to give a little extra info on how potentially big this is, Modern Warfare 2 360 version has currently sold 6.73 million copies in 4 weeks. New Super Mario Bros Wii is looking at about 4.9-5.2 million after 4 weeks on the market. PS3 version of Modern Warfare 2 has sold 4.43 million in 4 weeks. So New Super Mario Bros wii, despite maybe not having the opener of the same magnitude, is definitely catching up in the weeks after.

Actually NSMB Wii will more than likely pass up the PS3 version of Modern Warfare 2 with this upcoming week's sales even with the 100k bump thanks the Japanese release of the game. And to really put something in perspective that is kinda scary, NSMB Wii has an outside shot of having more copies sold than the 360 version of MW2. Considering most expect it to sell another 1.5-2.5 million copies in the last 4 weeks, or middleground of 2 million, New Super Mario Bros Wii still has that shot (would put 360 version at 8.23m-9.23 million range).

So indeed New Super Mario Bros Wii is looking to be as big as it has been touted. Despite the possibility of my Japanese numbers potentially being a little to high and more likely being around the minimum prediction rather than the middle ground, it does seem that Mario Wii is set to be quite a record breaker itself as one of the fastest selling single games ever.

@hsrob, check my sig

Your numbers are too high in all regions. We'll find out Japan at the end of the week. But for what its worth on USA amazon NSMBwii is currently 20th, also its not even the number 1 wii title, btw the number 1 title overall is xbox360:MW2

All bow to me the VGChartz current reigning 3DS prediction champion 

Bet with tbone51: Pokeon X & pokemon Y will not sell more than 8 million in 2013

jarrod said:The Xbox360 or ps3 will not sell more than 75million units

July 2009 daveJ saidTrue the wii has a large lead now but by 2017 the most likely result will be 1. ps3 2. xbox360 3. wii <-- wii's successor launched in 2011 effectively killing sales of the wii

2009 daveJ said: The wii will not break the 50% marketshare barrier it will go below the 40% marketshare barrier though in the future. VGChartz members: Impossible, youre an idiot that knows nothing about sales

Well if ioi has it tracking to 8.6 million, then it'll be huge by the end of the year

Also btw

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=New+Super+Mario+Bros.+Wii+-+Wii%5B35076%5D&reg2=All&game2=Call+of+Duty%3A+Modern+Warfare+2+-+X360%5B28848%5D&reg3=All&game3=Call+of+Duty%3A+Modern+Warfare+2+-+PS3%5B28847%5D&weeks=10

NSMB Wii is probably already tracking higher than MW2 on PS3 and looks to be catching up to the 360 version in a few weeks

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

8 Million - 9 Million

which is amazing!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

^Inconceivable!

LOL

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

puffy said:
@hsrob, check my sig

Have you made plans for his sig yet?  It's not long before you are going to be taking over.  I'd be highlighting the fact that you won the six month bet inside of one month.

hsrob said:
puffy said:
@hsrob, check my sig

Have you made plans for his sig yet?  It's not long before you are going to be taking over.  I'd be highlighting the fact that you won the six month bet inside of one month.

I know, it's pretty funny :P

I have not made plans yet as I really didn't think I'd have to worry about it until January.. I might open a thread for suggestions :P

what happens if i win my bet with angrypoolman, and he's still banned (he's banned right now it looks like)? nothing?

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.