By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is MS gonna include multiplayer in Silver accounts?

Considering they must earn (revenue) more than $600 million a year on gold accounts I very much doubt it ...

Around the Network
daroamer said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

I perfectly know how many cows MS happily milks with Gold, but as Greenberg said they'll increase value for money AND they'll keep XB360 $100 cheaper, and paying an additional $50/yr fee what others offer for free would deny both points, I won't question his word, particularly as he'll have to keep it if he want to lift again sales.

Edit @CaptDS93: maybe in USA, but last time I checked, in Europe the best price you can find for Live Gold is full price.

I'm not sure if you're trolling with this or not but you're wrong on both counts:

1 - Increasing value for money means adding features for the same amount of money, it doesn't mean making something that used to cost money free

2 - Being $100 cheaper means being cheaper at retail, it's obvious that's what he's referring to.  All this "well you have to pay for live so it's not REALLY $200" is just fanboy rhetoric.  If you don't want to play online then you don't have to pay for live so what he is saying is absolutely true. 

The two things you're using to try to draw a conclusion are not really related.

What about accesories? With a HDD the arcade is already the same price as a ps3 and then throw in wi-fi and its already a hundred bucks more.

If they do, I'm done with PSN lmao

can't wait for Track Season 2009/2010, guna beast out!

Travis Touchdown ERECTION CONFIRMED!

Why would anyone pay for Gold if Silver let you play online? It won't happen. MS loves to nickle and dime people.

daroamer said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

I perfectly know how many cows MS happily milks with Gold, but as Greenberg said they'll increase value for money AND they'll keep XB360 $100 cheaper, and paying an additional $50/yr fee what others offer for free would deny both points, I won't question his word, particularly as he'll have to keep it if he want to lift again sales.

Edit @CaptDS93: maybe in USA, but last time I checked, in Europe the best price you can find for Live Gold is full price.

I'm not sure if you're trolling with this or not but you're wrong on both counts:

1 - Increasing value for money means adding features for the same amount of money, it doesn't mean making something that used to cost money free

2 - Being $100 cheaper means being cheaper at retail, it's obvious that's what he's referring to.  All this "well you have to pay for live so it's not REALLY $200" is just fanboy rhetoric.  If you don't want to play online then you don't have to pay for live so what he is saying is absolutely true. 

The two things you're using to try to draw a conclusion are not really related.

1. Giving basic online multi for free is just my suggestion for a sensible way to increase value for money.

2. What he say is true only under a necessary condition (and both in maths and logic you can't omit them in a theorem, if he says a truth we are talking about logic): that the user doesn't want online multi. If users want only the free basic online multi offered by PC and competing consoles, MS force them to pay also extra Gold services to have it, this proves wrong what Greenberg says in every case excluded when the aforementioned necessary condition is satisfied.

So if Greenberg omits the necessary condition we can't say either he tells the truth or false, he's just ambiguous.

OTOH, if we assume that omitting any necessary condition he's simply meaning "for every user", then what he states is false.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

Yeah I wish but not going to happen. Free is nice but that's fantasy right there.

XBox Live is one of the highest, if not the highest, source of revenue for MS in terms of the 360. A large part of that revenue comes from people subscribing to Gold. It's already $50 a year for all those extra features and I've had gold cards every year for $35 or less (last year I bought 3 $30 cards off buy.com) so I don't see what the big deal is.

I guess It's a big deal for people who don't have high paying jobs or live on their parents allowance but $35 is only about 2.5 hours of work for me.

It's just that simple.

the only time i have paid for online it's aion :/

Microsoft is making hundreds of millions of dollars every quarter. Sony is losing millions every quarter.

Why would Microsoft try to play their game?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

"Adding more value" = making Silver accounts as useless as possible.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

mrstickball said:
Microsoft is making hundreds of millions of dollars every quarter. Sony is losing millions every quarter.

Why would Microsoft try to play their game?

Why shouldn't users play the game most attractive for them? If necessary Sony and Nintendo will underline this advantage they offer to buyers.

And you don't really think it's this that made Sony lose millions, Nintendo does the same and wins (and profits) even when it isn't at its best.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!