By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is MS gonna include multiplayer in Silver accounts?

But the points are not connected. They are 3 separate plans. His quote for maintaining value in Hardware and keeping hardware $100 cheaper than PS3 is not related to the other points. Quit trying to see things that aren't there. You're looking way too far into it and stretching quite a bit to make a very vague connection that simply is not there.

As to making basic multiplayer free for silver, I agree that is actually a good idea. I know I pay for the features, not the barebones ability to play. I just didn't agree with you're trying to connect his statements to imply $100 cheaper included online fees.

Around the Network

^^
Taking his point as connected is just another point of view, and I'm deliberately stretching what he says
But I wouldn't ever stretch it up to asking other Gold features for free, for every extra feature that isn't normally included in the basic multiplayer offered by competitors MS has additonal costs and it's totally right that it gets profit from them.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

i don't mind paying, although i should switch to the $50 a year instead of $20 every 3 months.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

On the same issue, but different company, answering journalists about some rumours, Sony stated that it actually has plans to make premium accounts for PSN, but that online multiplayer and other features already included in free accounts will remain free.
(for links just google sony psn premium, and yes, I know, it's one month old news).

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I think we will see a charge for PSN before we see a free XBL.

"Man is born free but is everywhere in chains" - Rousseau

Around the Network

If they do it, then Gold will extint. Microsoft is smart businness, so they won't.

No, unless they give gold subscribers things like free DLC.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

No they will never do that, if so they will lose over a billion in revenue.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

They would never do that. They enjoy money too much for it to ever happen.

I think you are reading into what he said too much. I know I for one would never buy a gold subscription again. The other stuff is kinda cool, but not worth 50 bucks a year.