By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is MS gonna include multiplayer in Silver accounts?

^^
Well done, money doesn't grow on trees.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
heruamon said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
^^
Then you must belong to "hardcores caring for their money" category!

I belong to the smart consumer looking for a deal to get XBL category.  I've paid $49.99 for XBL once since I've had the service...I've renewed every other time at a discounted cost, which is why I laugh at people who talk about $50 a year...I'm membered up thru April 2012!

the question is why don't they laugh at you cause some of them get paid twice or three times your salary so why would they care to get $10 off. that is what you are implying by what is said above.

Edit: I am like you but it is inapropraite to laugh at people for a silly reason unless you have no life. I get my member ship for $50.75 thats the cheapest here i acctually have to travel outside to get it since here they charge $70 for live cause they are a monopoly. Not all people have specail offers like america. i get cheap petrol so i can laugh at you for paying more money than me on petrol i get cheaper electricity so i can laugh at you again, I don't pay tax so i can laugh at you again. thats a triple lol.

nope never gonna happen but i think some third party doods offer free multiplayer on their game
(i think)

I think he is saying they are going to be adding more and more things for Gold members. More Primetime content, more services, more features, etc.

This is the company who wanted to charge for iPlayer.

No.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Make multiplayer free and watch gold subscriptions plummet down, down, down...

They have 10m willing to pay for a service that is traditionally free and free on the competitions machines.
Why rock that boat?

Anyone who pays full price for live a year, really is not looking good enough

I perfectly know how many cows MS happily milks with Gold, but as Greenberg said they'll increase value for money AND they'll keep XB360 $100 cheaper, and paying an additional $50/yr fee what others offer for free would deny both points, I won't question his word, particularly as he'll have to keep it if he want to lift again sales.

Edit @CaptDS93: maybe in USA, but last time I checked, in Europe the best price you can find for Live Gold is full price.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:

I perfectly know how many cows MS happily milks with Gold, but as Greenberg said they'll increase value for money AND they'll keep XB360 $100 cheaper, and paying an additional $50/yr fee what others offer for free would deny both points, I won't question his word, particularly as he'll have to keep it if he want to lift again sales.

Edit @CaptDS93: maybe in USA, but last time I checked, in Europe the best price you can find for Live Gold is full price.

I'm not sure if you're trolling with this or not but you're wrong on both counts:

1 - Increasing value for money means adding features for the same amount of money, it doesn't mean making something that used to cost money free

2 - Being $100 cheaper means being cheaper at retail, it's obvious that's what he's referring to.  All this "well you have to pay for live so it's not REALLY $200" is just fanboy rhetoric.  If you don't want to play online then you don't have to pay for live so what he is saying is absolutely true. 

The two things you're using to try to draw a conclusion are not really related.