By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is MS gonna include multiplayer in Silver accounts?

From Gamasutra's interview to Aaron Greenberg, it could look so:

In 2010, he says, "we will do three things well. One, we will continue to offer a better value on hardware pricing. We will continue to remain $100 cheaper than PS3. Two, we will have more games, more blockbuster exclusives, no matter the genre."

"Three, you add all of the entertainment and social network," he concluded. "That's our focus, to keep adding more and more value. Consumers vote with their dollars, and so far it's been paying off, and we feel confident about next year as well."

To stay really $100 cheaper than PS3, there mustn't be hidden additional expenses, so at least the same multiplayer features offered for free by Sony must be included with XB360 without fees, possibly asking payment only for optional extra features that Sony doesn't offer.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

wont happen.

Just keep the buzz about Greenberg's words, er, buzzing long enough (sorry for the awful pun ), and they could be forced to do it.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

YOU ARE DREAMING !

1/ they want to expend social network and casual = no only gaming
causla mostly dobnt care about online gaming in general (see Wii)

2/ gold is given them a LOT of money : it is a cashcow
it is the basic offer on 360 for hardcore gamers
no 360 fans want the live to be free : they dont care about paying compared to what they get ...

Time to Work !

^^
So he should specify "cheaper only for casuals not caring about online multiplayer and for hardcores not minding about paying fees for it". Fine, but then he shouldn't be surprised if a large audience won't find his offer the cheapest or the biggest value for money.

Around the Network

LOL...hey...I got a year of XBL for $4.97! For some reason, the old XBL 12 month code worked, and now I'm extended thru April 2012...in prep for Xbox Next!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

^^
Then you must belong to "hardcores caring for their money" category!

It would be sweet but I don't think that's going to happen. If it does then keep us posted.

^^
Actually the plan would be to stick to this strict interpretation of Greenberg's words and keep the buzz going and spreading enough to try to force MS to do it.

Alby_da_Wolf said:
^^
Then you must belong to "hardcores caring for their money" category!

I belong to the smart consumer looking for a deal to get XBL category.  I've paid $49.99 for XBL once since I've had the service...I've renewed every other time at a discounted cost, which is why I laugh at people who talk about $50 a year...I'm membered up thru April 2012!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder