By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sales in Japan (11/1)

Didn't Pokemon Mystery Dungeon debut with 125k and ended up selling 650k first week?

Granted, it is a DS game. 

Around the Network

OMG what's wrong with the Japanese???

Diomedes1976 said:
Good sales for Mario ,it will do some 250K-300K for the first week .Its not the megahit some were expecting ,though .

Very good sales for Ace Combat 6 ,this could increase the 360 sales to 6K or 7K units for this week .

And Opoona bombs even worse than Zack and Wiki .

Actually I expect the sales on galaxy to rise over the weekend, thanks to all the preorder, I expect 400-500K

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

i am just confused since when is 130,000 in japan a bad first day?

.....Its Super Mario Galaxy...

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
y-koron said:

I post first day data here in this week.

First Day Sales :

Mario Galaxy (Wii) : about 130k

Ace Combat 6 (360) : about 35k

Super Robot Wars Scramble Comander 2nd (PS2) : about 10k

Opoona (Wii) : about 2.5k

Source?

Well like I said in my earlier post, its a disappointing number but i will wait until the weekly numbers are released before I make my final judgment. Shams made an excellent point about the first day of release being Thursday. If I am not mistaken, aren't the bulk of Japaneses software purchases made on Sunday?

1 Everybodys Golf 5 PS3 350,324

Looks like it'll be topping the top ps3 game by the end of the week, no worries

Like I said in a previous thread.....

If this game fails to reach Mario Party 8 numbers in its first week (282k in four days, somewhere around 300 in 7 days) this will be disappointing. Not really a bomb, but disappointing.

@tabsina
I hope so. The Wii has two mil more units in Japan than the PS3.

I'll take the case!!!

WTF is with SMG ? ... this is freakky .... nice debut for AC6 on the other hand :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!