By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sales in Japan (11/1)

What hardware sales do you expect from the 360 this week 10 k maybe ?

[

Around the Network

We are counting on Mario doing better in the weekend that the usual trend .The usual thing is the games in japan selling 2/3 in the first day and then another 33% the rest of the weekend .With Mario Party that was different and sold another 50-55% more .Mario Galaxy can do the same ,but with a 130K start it will be lucky to hit 300K this week .Still a big success ,only that a lot less that the 700K some were expecting .

thibje said:
What hardware sales do you expect from the 360 this week 10 k maybe ?

Dont think it will be so high .Oblivion had a pretty similar debut and the sales were still around 5K or less for the week .

Diomedes, your forgetting the X360 price dropped, and it's a Japanese game. The higher a Japanese game does, the more X360's move. Look at Beautiful Katamari - it moved 3k consoles.

Not only that, according to Media Create, X360 hardware was actually higher last week with no new software titles - a good sign for AC6.

Hardware *could* be anywhere from 6k at the bare minimum, to 10-12k max.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

This is really bad news, if a game like this isn't going to sell well consoles are going to be reduced to a niche. Seems Japan is going the way of the handheld.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

I think someone needs to tell those darn Japanese to get off their DS's and get Mario...lol

I could post again about how this just keeps proving my point that the Japanese are moving further and further toward irrelevency in the traditional gaming market, but I don't feel like getting flamed for saying it. :D

130k opening day for a Mario platformer is ridiculous. I mean, it was outsold by a freakin' golf game on the PS3.

Weak, man. Weak. Watch SMG explode when it hits the west.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

The Japanese market is definetly an intriguing one nonetheless. Wii sales start off really strong but then start to fade as the year goes on. Galaxy comes out and still doesn't make a huge impact.

Yet in all this, the PS3 is not even starting to go up at all despite new prices and SKU's. So Wii falters and no one is able to climb behind it. Galaxy falters despite having a same game in the brandname for DS sell 5 million in that country.

It makes you wonder. Is consoles in general fading in Japan?

I'm intrigued by this number and I wonder if its simply due to most people just not picking it up on the first day.

I dunno but Mario seems like the game that sells really well first week (not Great though) but it continues to sell at a steady rate and ends up with around 10 million world wide.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Oh I have no doubt it'll sell really well in Japan its just kinda surprising really that it didn't have better first week sales. I mean it just may be a fluke that most didn't go out and buy it on the first day or maybe some are waiting to buy it during holidays. Who knows but I do expect to see some steady strong sales throughout the rest of the year.