By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should I Get Demon's Souls?

StrifeHawkins said:
dude seriously &*^%! this game@! i rented it and it still full of crap im not buying it again
theres a whole horde of basically unkillable dudes chasing me down stairs and stuff, this is not worth it. I will have to be paid money to finish a game like this

LOL! Funny comment.

Around the Network

We need to start a new thread (if there isn't one) for what soul level everyone is. I laughed at the one dude that was 120 on his first play-through. I was like 96 when I finished the first play-through, and in all honesty I felt like game + was easier for it. My friend finished his first on like 84 and his game + was a nightmare! If you're level 120 your g+ should be much easier. My friend who is borrowing the game called me last night and said he's gonna give the game a chance. He started as a soldier and got mad cause he couldn't kill the red dragon, lol. I was like "I told you the game was hard". I told him I killed the dragon on 1-2, but I was a hunter. I'm a douche though, cause I didn't tell him I had to farm to save up for the 120-150 arrows it took to kill the dragon, or the fact that I sat there for 30 minutes shooting one at a time, lol. I honestly have a very good track record on fighting black phantoms online, but it's probably because I go to 4-1 and sit at the start to wait for people to challenge me.

Oh, by the way; on 4-1 when you get to the gates where the two arrow skeletons are up above, there's some treasure behind a wall to the right. How the heck do you get to that?

I finished it when I was at soul level 88, so it was a huge pain for me, even more so because I was a Knight with no spells at the start of NG+, so I was pretty much fucked up, until I switched my strategy from heavy to light armour.

About 4-1. When you reach the top wall above the gate, you'll see on the right side of the wall some stairs leading down. In there you'll find that treasure, it's the key to open the Graverobber Jail, be careful about the trap, it will kill you from behind if you don't dodge it.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

StrifeHawkins said:
i used a wanderer and got pwned fucked up
i did better with magician but i cant afford mana and i was not in the mood of collecting souls

Dude i dont want to use strategies to finish the game, theres no fun in that

Part of the game is knowing when to run away. Did you every think that you could ignore the Knight and check other parts of the castle? That area you were in, you don't even have to be their until the after beating the final boss. Also, even then it's still optional. I was able to beat that knight around Soul Lvl 20 or something though.

4 ≈ One

StrifeHawkins said:
dude seriously &*^%! this game@! i rented it and it still full of crap im not buying it again
theres a whole horde of basically unkillable dudes chasing me down stairs and stuff, this is not worth it. I will have to be paid money to finish a game like this

If you're talking about the Dreblins that look like the first set if enemies you saw in Boletarian castle but instead have the swords on fire, these things are nearly just as easy. Block or parry their attacks and counter. Don't rush in and alert them all, fight 1-2 at a time. If you wanna go with block, make sure you hold block until it stops attacking. Step back with circle if you're about to lose all your stamina then put your shield down and run back to recover more stamina [run without circle of course]. Those guys are slow and their attacks are pretty obvious.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

@Dgc1808

I've tried to show him that he has options and that he has strategies that he can pull for every enemy in the game, I think he's adamant about not wanting to play it that way, rather than to breeze commando style through Demon's Souls. Unfortunately, he will get pwned even by Dreblings this way.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

dartingd said:
We need to start a new thread (if there isn't one) for what soul level everyone is. I laughed at the one dude that was 120 on his first play-through. I was like 96 when I finished the first play-through, and in all honesty I felt like game + was easier for it. My friend finished his first on like 84 and his game + was a nightmare! If you're level 120 your g+ should be much easier. My friend who is borrowing the game called me last night and said he's gonna give the game a chance. He started as a soldier and got mad cause he couldn't kill the red dragon, lol. I was like "I told you the game was hard". I told him I killed the dragon on 1-2, but I was a hunter. I'm a douche though, cause I didn't tell him I had to farm to save up for the 120-150 arrows it took to kill the dragon, or the fact that I sat there for 30 minutes shooting one at a time, lol. I honestly have a very good track record on fighting black phantoms online, but it's probably because I go to 4-1 and sit at the start to wait for people to challenge me.

Oh, by the way; on 4-1 when you get to the gates where the two arrow skeletons are up above, there's some treasure behind a wall to the right. How the heck do you get to that?

What a great friend you are LOL.

in my opinion its a cool game nice style and all but i found it a bit difficult (im a noob) lol but its fun :D get it!!

Get it. If you dont like it I'm sure you could sell it at a pretty good price since it's not released there yet.

It is a definite must buy for any RPG fan with a PS3, I've taken a break from the game at the moment to play other games but I will dive right back into it for NG+