By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should I Get Demon's Souls?

lestatdark said:
@Marciosmg

It's the best class indeed. I went a bit hardcore and started as a Knight, it was a pain until I got the bow in 1-2 xD

On the other hand, now when I start the game, I shall do it either as a Barbarian or a Thief, for added challenge ;)

Yeah. Royal to start and learn the game and then another to master it lol

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Around the Network
marciosmg said:
lestatdark said:
@Marciosmg

It's the best class indeed. I went a bit hardcore and started as a Knight, it was a pain until I got the bow in 1-2 xD

On the other hand, now when I start the game, I shall do it either as a Barbarian or a Thief, for added challenge ;)

Hope you have fun with Royal, as the MP regeneration from the get go allows you to tackle harder enemies faster than other classes can ;) When you start, in 1-1 you can actually defeat the Red Eyes with a Royal, and it will net you a sweet 2,5K souls, which is way above anything you can get at that stage of the game.

Also, when you defeat the first boss, Phalanx, don't use it's soul to augment your own souls, all bosses souls can be used to upgrade weapons or learn new spells. You can find the list here: http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/bosses

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
marciosmg said:
lestatdark said:
@Marciosmg

Hope you have fun with Royal, as the MP regeneration from the get go allows you to tackle harder enemies faster than other classes can ;) When you start, in 1-1 you can actually defeat the Red Eyes with a Royal, and it will net you a sweet 2,5K souls, which is way above anything you can get at that stage of the game.

Also, when you defeat the first boss, Phalanx, don't use it's soul to augment your own souls, all bosses souls can be used to upgrade weapons or learn new spells. You can find the list here: http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/bosses

Thanks will do that. Also, isnt there a ring in 1-1 that will let me have 75%HP in Soul Form? Where do I get it?

Actually as a general question, is there a lot of exploring to be done on the levels?

www.jamesvandermemes.com

marciosmg said:
lestatdark said:
marciosmg said:
lestatdark said:
@Marciosmg

Thanks will do that. Also, isnt there a ring in 1-1 that will let me have 75%HP in Soul Form? Where do I get it?

Actually as a general question, is there a lot of exploring to be done on the levels?

The ring you're looking for is the Cling Ring. You'd get it once you reach the top of the first tower in 1-1, then going down all the way in the starway, and opening the door to the central patio. In that space of the door, there's a body with the ring.

There's tons of exploring to do in most levels, while in others it's fairly linear. In others, you'd have a huge area to explore, but there's a huge hazard on the very floor that you're walking (5-2 will haunt your nightmares xD).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Thanks. I am trying to prepare myself mentally to endure a lot of frustration, lol.

I will probably order it on monday, then its just waiting till I get it.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Around the Network

Hope you have fun with the game :)

You'll have to endure some very frustrating moments, and my tip from when you face those is to just lay down your controller and try again when you're less frustrated, trust me it helps a lot ;)

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
Hope you have fun with the game :)

You'll have to endure some very frustrating moments, and my tip from when you face those is to just lay down your controller and try again when you're less frustrated, trust me it helps a lot ;)

Oh, I know! There were a couple of Spec Ops missions on MW2 that made me want to throw the controller on the TV but I took a break and got it after.

So Im probably gonna take long breaks from DS

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Hehe xD Haven't tried MW2, but i've heard that the Echo Spec-Ops missions are a huge pain.

If they are half as hard as some stages in Demon's Souls, then yes, be prepared for a long break sometimes :P

My biggest one was when I lost 400K souls due to a single stupid mistake of dodging towards a cliff, after I had died and lost the 400K souls due to a pincer attack. Just like that, 4 hours of work and grinding, 6 Soul Levels lost... I just wanted to punch the PS3 xD

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
Hehe xD Haven't tried MW2, but i've heard that the Echo Spec-Ops missions are a huge pain.

If they are half as hard as some stages in Demon's Souls, then yes, be prepared for a long break sometimes :P

My biggest one was when I lost 400K souls due to a single stupid mistake of dodging towards a cliff, after I had died and lost the 400K souls due to a pincer attack. Just like that, 4 hours of work and grinding, 6 Soul Levels lost... I just wanted to punch the PS3 xD

Ouch! I hate losing half an hour of work. Losing 4 hours.

Im gonna buy something cheap and plastic that resembles the PS3 controller to throw around the room when something like this happens

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Hehehehe, while you're at it, get me one as well please, I'll need it for when I restart all over again in the game :P

Current PC Build