By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should I Get Demon's Souls?

Slimebeast said:

What a great friend you are LOL.

Well, he called last night and was like "I saved up for 40 arrows and shot at him, but he never died".  Then I told him, lol...

Around the Network
dartingd said:
Slimebeast said:

What a great friend you are LOL.

Well, he called last night and was like "I saved up for 40 arrows and shot at him, but he never died".  Then I told him, lol...

lol funny.

So 40 arrows is far too little? You told him he has to farm first lol?

@dartingd

That was really mean of you :P Thankfully, by NG+ you'll only need 10 arrows to kill even the blue dragon, using the Hyper mode build xD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

It's a hard and slow pace while Ninja Gaiden is a fast pace kind of games.... Ninja Gaiden is like a brainless really fast fighting and jumping.

lestatdark said:
@dartingd

That was really mean of you :P Thankfully, by NG+ you'll only need 10 arrows to kill even the blue dragon, using the Hyper mode build xD

Im thinking about picking up Demons Souls and I wanna ask you primarily but this goes to anyone: what websites give me tips on how to play, how to get good items, fight bosses, etc?

Also, recommend which class I should use at first. Should I be more melee or ranged oriented?

Thanks.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Around the Network

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/file/954345/56739
http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/intro

Pretty useful, I think... Beware of spoilers, though.

starterman1989 said:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/file/954345/56739
http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/intro

Pretty useful, I think... Beware of spoilers, though.

Thanks. Bookmarked them and will read them thoroughly.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

marciosmg said:
lestatdark said:
@dartingd

Im thinking about picking up Demons Souls and I wanna ask you primarily but this goes to anyone: what websites give me tips on how to play, how to get good items, fight bosses, etc?

Also, recommend which class I should use at first. Should I be more melee or ranged oriented?

Thanks.

demonssouls.wikidot is the best site overall, but you might want to check out http://www.demons-souls.com/wiki/ for help in global enemy strategies and how to affect world and character tendencies

My tips for character classes for starters and beginners go primarily to these two classes:

Royal: It's a melee class that has a focus on spells, and starts with a MP regeneration ring, a 20% MP boost catalyst and a sweet Soul Ray spell. It's the best class for starters, as the melee focus has a shield and a normal sword, and if you find yourself in trouble at melee range, you can shift your focus to spells.

Hunter: Now, many Demon's Souls users will disagree with me, but I found the mixture of the Leather armour set (the best light armour in the game, IMO) and the ability to use both a Sword/Shield and a Bow with equal proficiency, one of the best approaches for starters. You can use the same method as I described above, but instead of using spells, you can use a bow in which you can aim manually for long range sniping shots, which are so damn useful for some enemies/bosses.

If you want to go purely melee, then start out as a Knight, it has the best armour set for starters (although you won't be able to dodge or run appropiatedly, thus you will have to rely too much on blocking/parrying) and has a sweet Long Sword which is a decent damaging Straight Sword.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
marciosmg said:
lestatdark said:
@dartingd

Thanks.

demonssouls.wikidot is the best site overall, but you might want to check out http://www.demons-souls.com/wiki/ for help in global enemy strategies and how to affect world and character tendencies

My tips for character classes for starters and beginners go primarily to these two classes:

Royal: It's a melee class that has a focus on spells, and starts with a MP regeneration ring, a 20% MP boost catalyst and a sweet Soul Ray spell. It's the best class for starters, as the melee focus has a shield and a normal sword, and if you find yourself in trouble at melee range, you can shift your focus to spells.

Hunter: Now, many Demon's Souls users will disagree with me, but I found the mixture of the Leather armour set (the best light armour in the game, IMO) and the ability to use both a Sword/Shield and a Bow with equal proficiency, one of the best approaches for starters. You can use the same method as I described above, but instead of using spells, you can use a bow in which you can aim manually for long range sniping shots, which are so damn useful for some enemies/bosses.

If you want to go purely melee, then start out as a Knight, it has the best armour set for starters (although you won't be able to dodge or run appropiatedly, thus you will have to rely too much on blocking/parrying) and has a sweet Long Sword which is a decent damaging Straight Sword.

Thanks. From what i have been reading Royal does seems like a good class to start.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

@Marciosmg

It's the best class indeed. I went a bit hardcore and started as a Knight, it was a pain until I got the bow in 1-2 xD

On the other hand, now when I start the game, I shall do it either as a Barbarian or a Thief, for added challenge ;)

Current PC Build