By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official Nov. 2009 NPD Thread Data covers Nov 1-28 comes @ 6:30 PM EST

Acevil said:
psrock said:
leo-j said:
Kenology said:
darthdevidem01 said:
If any of you really want to see a "MELTDOWN", check my wall

Wow, leo is really takin' this hard... poor guy. 

I just dont like quality games selling poorly..

What quality game is selling poorly, and for the love of God, DO NOT SAY Uncahrted 2?

Wait this whole rant is about Uncharted 2 not in the top 10?......Really?

Pretty much

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
psrock said:
Acevil said:
psrock said:
leo-j said:
Kenology said:
darthdevidem01 said:
If any of you really want to see a "MELTDOWN", check my wall

Wow, leo is really takin' this hard... poor guy. 

I just dont like quality games selling poorly..

What quality game is selling poorly, and for the love of God, DO NOT SAY Uncahrted 2?

Wait this whole rant is about Uncharted 2 not in the top 10?......Really?

Pretty much

Not only does it look like that game is going to beat it previous installment, it is A) multimillion seller soon B) Did awesome in Europe and C) Currently not Bundled (Not to my knowledge)

Sorry but if that is a statement of a quality game selling poorly, I want more games to do poorly, namely if they new brands. 

Edit: Also wonder if I missed some Gifs.

Acevil said:
psrock said:

Pretty much

Not only does it look like that game is going to beat it previous installment, it is A) multimillion seller soon B) Did awesome in Europe and C) Currently not Bundled (Not to my knowledge)

Sorry but if that is defination of a quality game selling poorly, I want more games to do poorly, namely if they new brands. 

This is a gaming that will sell oer 3 milion copies, I doubt it cost that much. It's a success in my book too.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

I feel like having an opinion or discussion on a forum can get you in serious trouble..

My argument was that despite having such a jaw dropping game line up, and such a stellar advertising campaign, and the value that the console offers, it STILL fell under its competitors.

That was my argument.. and then you throw the "it doesn't matter its the U.S only, or your a fanboy, because you are ranting on about this" card.. and it just gets me pissed..

mM

leo-j said:

I feel like having an opinion or discussion on a forum can get you in serious trouble..

My argument was that despite having such a jaw dropping game line up, and such a stellar advertising campaign, and the value that the console offers, it STILL fell under its competitors.

That was my argument.. and then you throw the "it doesn't matter its the U.S only, or your a fanboy, because you are ranting on about this" card.. and it just gets me pissed..

Last year with LBP, Resistance 2

Playstation 2 206k
Playstation 3 378k
PSP 421k
Xbox 360 836k
Wii 2.04M
DS 1.57M

Can you please stop,you are the only one losing sleep over this.

Next Gen 

Around the Network
leo-j said:

Two things, first thing first, I wouldn't call the sony campaign stellar, it was improvement and I liked it but they didn't really do anything so unique to relaunch the brand. Just getting the product name out using the most amount of resources isn't good enough in today's society.

Secondly the value is subjective when compared to competitors. I may believe for the price 360 offers the most "value" to a "gamer" (I really don't, but I could).

Also yes calling you fanboy would seem somewhat correct, because you are taking offense to "brand" not selling well compared to the competition and somewhat having a meltdown. Sorry if you are offended, but you should somewhat calm down, take a deepbreath and focus on the positives, because the ps3 does not have bad numbers and uncharted 2 did not do bad.

Edit: Leo-J the days of me thinking of you being a fanboy are long gone, but I think you are overreacting and being fanboyish right now and need to calm down.

Wow never thought PS3 would lose November with the aggressive price cut and awesome bundles.
No Forza? Guess It's doing good EU and US combined. Surprised.

It's just that simple.

Seems like nice sales all around.

Thirdly, Its competitors are all new releases from bigger franchises...

Interesting thread to watch, but I can't read all the posts.

If there is to be adjustments to the VGC America's numbers I'd say there might be a small upward adjustment to Wii across the month (probably not even worth it because it would be less than a 10% change in any given week). There should be a modest upward adjustment for 360. There should be no adjustment for PS3.

Overall the relative positions for each console for each week shouldn't change. Wii first every week, 360 still 2nd but by wider margins over PS3 for the first 3 weeks, PS3 still 2nd but by a narrower margin over 360 for BF week. Net result 360 slightly ahead of PS3 for the total month probably reversing the current margin to give 360 the 35K lead rather than PS3.

It is almost certain that PS3 sold more in BF week than 360, otherwise the overall November difference between 360 and PS3 would be a lot more than 109K (first 3 weeks of November, 360 built up a lead of 117K in Americas overall according to VGC). Given BF week spike is almost entirely due to USA sales this means PS3 almost definitely sold more than 360 in BF week in the USA.

I think PS3 fans can take heart that PS3 still broke the shackles a bit by selling more than 360 on BF week for the first time ever. 360 fans can take heart that even though PS3 came out from under 360's shadow on BF week it wasn't by as large a margin as first thought. And let's face it BF week is an important week in sales for any given year, but as the overall month's sales show even a week like BF week does not necessarily determine the final outcome for November's sales. Those who jumped to the conclusion that 360>PS3 in BF week in the USA have failed to realise that you cannot take the entire month's sales data and interpret it as proof that the positons of 360 and PS3 in BF week are the reverse of what we have in VGC data right now.

What is yet to be determined however is whether BF week marks a turning point in the trend of 360/PS3 sales positions for the remainder of the generation, or whether it marks a short lived glitch in which 360 will return to it's normal position ahead of PS3 after 1 or perhaps a few weeks. Indeed PS3 may remain ahead of 360 each week for the rest of the year, but it may still only end up being a prolonged glitch. Only time and hindsight will tell.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix