By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I don't understand how Shattered Memories can get low scores.

The controls to throw things/enemies do take some getting used to. Longer more fluid motions help. Quick or frantic waggles don't work very well. Frankly I think the game uses motion really well we're just so used to spamming waggles that it takes a while to realize that the game actually does motion right. After getting the hang of it I have next to no problems.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

Around the Network
averyblund said:
The controls to throw things/enemies do take some getting used to. Longer more fluid motions help. Quick or frantic waggles don't work very well. Frankly I think the game uses motion really well we're just so used to spamming waggles that it takes a while to realize that the game actually does motion right. After getting the hang of it I have next to no problems.

Exactly how I felt, but I always give games the chance that its not just random movement, so I adapted pretty fast on this game.

@noname

Yeah between those three it'd be Silent Hill or Mario & Luigi, since this is a much better horror game than RE:DSC, and while a boy and his blob is great it seems more or less one of those 30 or under titles.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

noname2200 said:
disolitude said:

I am not saying that controls are broken or anything. It controls very well with the wiimote. Its just that under these levels of tension, id preffer to have a good old trusty controller in my hands.

I just beat the High school level and if the level layout gets any more confusing for the nightmare levels...man, this aint no casual gaming expereince :)

Worth blowing a gift card over? Keep in mind it's between this, Bowser's Inside Story, Darkside Chronicles, and A Boy and His Blob.

Its a tough call between this and darkside chronicles. Silent Hill is more innovative and engaging, but Chronicles is just pure fun...

But those are my gaming tastes... A boy and his blob could be better than both to you.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
disolitude said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Actually from what I played good clean jesutures over shaking works best, it's quick and responsive if you do. It's a hell of a ride in the horror sequences, I really enjoy it, but this really is how I've invisioned horror games.  Real monsters that you can't kill chasing you and you have to find a way to live, plain and simple.

I am not saying that controls are broken or anything. It controls very well with the wiimote. Its just that under these levels of tension, id preffer to have a good old trusty controller in my hands.

I just beat the High school level and if the level layout gets any more confusing for the nightmare levels...man, this aint no casual gaming expereince :)

Yeah I beat that already, that's rather easy lol I died once total in this game so far, not to say the game itself is rather easy just tailor suited for me, I really get into it and things just flow well.  And I do understand where you're coming from since the only motion I can't seem to get to act right is the knocking over things to block the baddies (Which helps you remember if you've been that way BTW) and at that moment I wish it was mapped to the A button, everything else can stay mapped to the motions but that one issue is annoying just a wee bit and I've just stopped trying to knock things over.

The part in the high school where you have to allign those swans and statues according to what you see in the picture next to it... for christs sake...am I the only one who had issues using the wiimote to move those statues?

disolitude said:
noname2200 said:
disolitude said:

Worth blowing a gift card over? Keep in mind it's between this, Bowser's Inside Story, Darkside Chronicles, and A Boy and His Blob.

Its a tough call between this and darkside chronicles. Silent Hill is more innovative and engaging, but Chronicles is just pure fun...

But those are my gaming tastes... A boy and his blob could be better than both to you.

As always, thanks for the response. I trust your taste in these games, so it's kind of a bummer that you've called it a tie!

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
disolitude said:
noname2200 said:
disolitude said:

As always, thanks for the response. I trust your taste in these games, so it's kind of a bummer that you've called it a tie!

It comes down to what you enjoy more.

Arcade style fun where you sit down and play for an hour per day...

Or a game that will have you playing for 2-3 hours straight but will be over in 2-3 days.

disolitude said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
disolitude said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Actually from what I played good clean jesutures over shaking works best, it's quick and responsive if you do. It's a hell of a ride in the horror sequences, I really enjoy it, but this really is how I've invisioned horror games.  Real monsters that you can't kill chasing you and you have to find a way to live, plain and simple.

Yeah I beat that already, that's rather easy lol I died once total in this game so far, not to say the game itself is rather easy just tailor suited for me, I really get into it and things just flow well.  And I do understand where you're coming from since the only motion I can't seem to get to act right is the knocking over things to block the baddies (Which helps you remember if you've been that way BTW) and at that moment I wish it was mapped to the A button, everything else can stay mapped to the motions but that one issue is annoying just a wee bit and I've just stopped trying to knock things over.

The part in the high school where you have to allign those swans and statues according to what you see in the picture next to it... for christs sake...am I the only one who had issues using the wiimote to move those statues?

Movement?  No... it took me a bit to figure out the puzzle though, I gotta say it was a good brain teaser I was trying to mix them all up so I ended up making things harder on myself lol.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

cAPSLOCK said:
Well, keep in mind some elements of those scores are 100% flat out bullshit. I'll start with the obvious (and should have been obvious for years now with previous scores that this one would come up) Game Informer!!!!!!!!

Overall rating: 6.25

Graphics:The worst shadow effects I’ve ever seen detract from an already rough-looking game
(no I am not making this up, this is actually copy-pasted from their site)

So there you go, the one thing universally praised by every other site this guy is calling out as the worst he's ever seen. So here's one instance where it's not even opinion--the guy is objectively wrong.

Playability:Controlling Harry with the Wii remote is sloppy, and manipulating motion-controlled puzzles can be a trying process
(again pure bullshit, I haven't had a single hiccup controlling this game through 2 completions)

Again, something praised (though not universally) where he is calling it sloppy. Working puzzles is hard? Okay, this asshole is just a Wiitard* At this point we can now infer he has a hook for a hand and constant shaking from his days in Nam, or he's too cool fucking 3 supermodels at once in his Bentley while shaving with a rusty nail and breaking some guy's neck with his awesome biceps to be playing the Wii.

*Wiitard, n.: Someone who cannot figure out how motion controls work.

"Harry’s fancy phone plays a big part in navigating the convoluted town, with your reliance on it rivaling that of the annoying guy who texts during movies. Mysterious calls require you to lift the Wii remote to your face like an idiot, effectively annoying anyone in the room with the noises its tinny speaker produces."

I can't say anything objectively here, because this relies on opinion, but if we've learned anything so far this is the opinion of a massively Wiitarded faggot. You should be happy if your opinion differs from his, not sad.

I mean keep in mind this is the same magazine that gave Tiger Woods 10 on the Wii the same score as the one on PS360. Yes, the Tiger Woods 10 with perfect 1:1 motion controls, extra courses, and frisbee golf that were NOT in the PS360 version. Same. F'ing. Score.

Scores at the end of the day are just an opinion and some people's opinions just happen to be worthless.

One quick press of the Home button on the Wiimote can allow you to remove the Wii Remote Microphone sound completely, or at least lower the volume. I missed out on a lot of funny No More Heroes phone calls because I had it off.

I personally think using a Wii as a phone is one of the coolest things you can do. My older brother (what we would call a HARDCORE GAMER!!!) said it was an awesome feature, and one thing he likes about the Wii's uniqueness.

@Blue-bolded. Too true

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Gamespot review up, gave it an 8/10.

"This brilliant reimagining of the spooky series' progenitor is a breath of fresh air that will stick with you despite its shortcomings.
The Good:
# Deeply emotional story with great pacing
# Incredibly haunting atmosphere
# Your experience depends on how it profiles you.
The Bad:
* Far too short
* Puzzles and nightmares are always the same."

And here's what they said about the shadows :

"Shattered Memories is very dark and moody, and from its impressive use of lighting and shadows to the creepy, real-time freezing effects of the nightmares, the titular town on display is at its finest..."

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

bmmb1 said:
Gamespot review up, gave it an 8/10.

"This brilliant reimagining of the spooky series' progenitor is a breath of fresh air that will stick with you despite its shortcomings.
The Good:
# Deeply emotional story with great pacing
# Incredibly haunting atmosphere
# Your experience depends on how it profiles you.
The Bad:
* Far too short
* Puzzles and nightmares are always the same."

And here's what they said about the shadows :

"Shattered Memories is very dark and moody, and from its impressive use of lighting and shadows to the creepy, real-time freezing effects of the nightmares, the titular town on display is at its finest..."

Funny how the good points on this is night and day to GameInformers uh... words on a page (not dignifying it by calling it a "review")