By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I don't understand how Shattered Memories can get low scores.

Sure, it's not all low scores (this is apparently one of those games where half of reviewers give it great scores and half give it bad scores), and I probably shouldn't say anything at all because I haven't played the game myself, but... Seriously, look at it!

Looking at gameplay videos, and more importantly the GameTrailers review, I just can't possibly imagine what motivated GamePro to give it a 5/10. And 1Up giving it a C+, for that matter.

Has anyone here played the game and can say what might be so wrong with it that it gets a 5/10?

Around the Network

Maybe you should read the reviews :P

--OkeyDokey-- said:

Maybe I should, but I'm hesitant because whenever I do, I don't get what they're complaining about.

--OkeyDokey-- said:

Yeah, see, now I read both of them. And GamePro say that only diehard Silent Hill-fans will enjoy it. 1Up says that anyone who's a big fan of Silent Hill will likely be driven away from the game.

So my question remains, what the fuck gives? Apparently they're mostly pissed about the nightmare mode, but I find it hard to grasp how they can have the same complaints and come to completely opposite conclusions.

Well considering the last two Silent Hill games have had mixed reviews. Why are you surprised Shattered Memories is receiving them as well?

Around the Network

This is why. Half the reviewers want a traditional Silent Hill game and are unable to see this one as an individual. Rather they expected a combat system, despite the developers poor pleas to see this game as it's own beast. It is a solid game... I am only about 3 hours in. It is atmospheric, different, refreshing change of pace for horror and occasionally very very spooky. Some of the chase sequences can be frustrating, but each one can be completed in the very first playthrough if you take enough time to note your surroundings whilst you are not having a nightmare. All the reviews that complain its trial and error obviously blasted through the game full pace without trying to realize exactly where they are going.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

Maybe I should, but I'm hesitant because whenever I do, I don't get what they're complaining about.

To me it seems like one of those ambitious projects that has a bunch of cool ideas that don't always add up to a great game. Apparently, it's really short too.

I think the Metascore will rise once more reviews come in.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

To me it seems like one of those ambitious projects that has a bunch of cool ideas that don't always add up to a great game. Apparently, it's really short too.

Actually I think it will drop. Will probably stay around 70.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

I am really only on my first playthrough, so I cannot really comment on this properly... But apparently the game is meant to be played through at least twice, due to the differentiation created in the characters if you manipulate different objects n the environment.

IGN give it a 9 and GT gives a 8.5 - must buy-

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!