By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I don't understand how Shattered Memories can get low scores.

What is Silent Hill without atmosphere?So some may feel it and some won't.
I don't know how reviewers felt combining Silent Hill+Wii..
Tho It was pretty good with Resident Evil 4 Wii edition.

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network
Boneitis said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Maybe you should read the reviews :P

Maybe I should, but I'm hesitant because whenever I do, I don't get what they're complaining about.

To me it seems like one of those ambitious projects that has a bunch of cool ideas that don't always add up to a great game. Apparently, it's really short too.

I think the Metascore will rise once more reviews come in.

Actually I think it will drop. Will probably stay around 70.

As I said earlier, I haven't totally finished the game yet, but if this has a metascore of 70... it is further proof that reviewers are just trolls. There is no way this game can be as bad as WET or Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. I actually think this game compares well with Dead Space Extraction in overall gameplay terms.

dampowell said:
Boneitis said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Maybe you should read the reviews :P

Maybe I should, but I'm hesitant because whenever I do, I don't get what they're complaining about.

To me it seems like one of those ambitious projects that has a bunch of cool ideas that don't always add up to a great game. Apparently, it's really short too.

I think the Metascore will rise once more reviews come in.

Actually I think it will drop. Will probably stay around 70.

As I said earlier, I haven't totally finished the game yet, but if this has a metascore of 70... it is further proof that reviewers are just trolls. There is no way this game can be as bad as WET or Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. I actually think this game compares well with Dead Space Extraction in overall gameplay terms.

Well you're comparing it to completely different genres and a 70 isn't a bad score either.

If you look at all the Silent Hill scores at Metacritic. SH 2 (PC version), SH 3 (PC version), SH 4, Homecoming and Origins all have a score in the 70s.

Clearly the series has always received mixed reviews. Its not a matter of trolling, its just not for everyone.

What I am saying... Take of the goggles that this is a Silent Hill Game... and experience it as its own entity... it is far better than those Silent Hill Games you mentioned.

Eurogamer gave it a 9, and they're usually quite critical of Wii games.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

I still have my copy right here, sealed, been kinda busy but plan on popping it in soon. I'm really hoping I can beat this game @_@ I've yet to beat a survival horror game cause I'm basically a pansy lol

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
I still have my copy right here, sealed, been kinda busy but plan on popping it in soon. I'm really hoping I can beat this game @_@ I've yet to beat a survival horror game cause I'm basically a pansy lol

Lolcats.

dampowell said:

What I am saying... Take of the goggles that this is a Silent Hill Game... and experience it as its own entity... it is far better than those Silent Hill Games you mentioned.

Well you're clearly bias towards the Wii. That might have everything to do with you thinking this game is far better than others mentioned.

Eitherway, just accept not everyone enjoys this game. Accusing the reviewers of being anti Silent Hill or trolls is just ridiculous.

i dont understand it either

I played it for a bit...and posted this in another thread...

I played the first 2 levels/memory sequences...about an hour and a bit.

So far I have to say that I am cautionsly optimistic about this game. I played all silent hills ever made and am a huge survival horror fan.

Positives thus far:

-Looks and sounds great for a Wii game with great voice acting and great lighting FX. Like first gen Xbox 360 game good!

-Talk about innovation! Game does many innovative things using controls, psychiatry sessions, cell phone and Wii speaker on the controller. From the opening logo screen which says "This game collects information about you and is essentially playing you"... you get the idea that this is not a game that is going to play it by the numbers. A++ for this point. Worth buying just to experience some cool stuff.

- Classic Silent hill atmosphere is there and already there have been many moments of chaos and many scares

- It feels good to revisit Harry Mason who is looking for his daughter Cheryl and cop Cybil

Issues with the game thus far:

-Controls are a little loose and you cant adjust them. Silent hill games work better with stiff controls

- I have played for over an hour and still don't have a gun or a weapon. I don't need this to be Gears of War with chainsaws but it would be nice to fight off a bad buy or two. Running away being the only option limits the gameplay.

- There is no quick way to pull up a map. Open cell phone, push map button, push button to view full map. Worst of all, its in real time. So if you're running away from creatures you have no time to even check the map.

- And the biggest issue, fighting off bad guys and getting them off you. Its the classic..."Swing wiimote all over the room". And its not very accurate. Kinda annoying.

I can't say "GO BUY THIS GAME NOW!!" to everyone yet as I can't tell tell if the atmosphere and story will pay off like they did in SH1 and SH2, and thats what SH games are all about. However the game is definetly a blockbuster when it comes to ideas and production. There are more cool innovative ideas in the game for the first hour of gameplay than Modern Warfare 2 and assasisns creed 2 combined.

From what I've seen thus far, game should not rank below 70% on anyones taste scale. Its not perfect and if there is justice, it should settle around 83-84 on Meta.