By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - was home a bad idea

As long as Sony doesn't sink too much $$$ into it, then it does no harm.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network

I think it was a good idea. Tons of people use it. Also, whenever I'm there I see many people wearing paid items.

4 ≈ One

It was being promoted as a reason to buy the system.

Are you telling me that it isn't?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I think Home was a brilliant idea, it's just it was implemented in the worst way possible at every step.

We get this thread every week, we should make one a sticky so folks don't feel obligated to make new ones.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
Boutros said:
How do you guys know many people buy things?

i have a person on PSN who bought a PS3 just for Home. and she buys everything in there =s , she even goes far as to have bought fat princess just for the princess couch thing that you get with the game.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Good idea, poor execution. Perhaps it makes money, but that doesn't make it good.

I'm sure Sony is kicking themselves with all the money they are making on non-existent items.

Severance said:
Boutros said:
How do you guys know many people buy things?

i have a person on PSN who bought a PS3 just for Home. and she buys everything in there =s , she even goes far as to have bought fat princess just for the princess couch thing that you get with the game.

Yeah =S indeed.

I was going to buy a 360 for 1 vs 100 until I found out that I can't win prize where I live :/

Actually yeah, I should amend my statement-- it was implemented in the worst way possible at every step except the micro-transactions part.

It makes money because it cost about $1000 to make your average home object and after you make your money back on that, it's just pure profit.

Low risk, high return = no brainer.

So yeah, no shit it makes money. Why do you think micro-transactions like that are becoming so big?