By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - was home a bad idea

Was home on the playstation 3 a bad idea!!!!!! Does anybody even use it anymore!!!!!!!! Is Sony makeing money on home,that would be the only reason that they still have it!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network

Yes, it sucks!!!!!!!

Yes.

just because u dont like it doesn't mean everyone else will... home has lots of people playing i have never been in alone in any home space

Home is very profitable to Sony. And millions of people use it. As always mind numbingly stupid thread.

Around the Network

It wasn't a bad idea for Sony, many people use it and many of them buy virtual clothes and other stuff.

How do you guys know many people buy things?

alanshearer said:
Home is very profitable to Sony. And millions of people use it. As always mind numbingly stupid thread.

I was just wondering if home was a bad idea; that's all. Your comment is mind numbingly stupid!!!!!!!

Boutros said:
How do you guys know many people buy things?

It only stands to reason. The PS3 has no games, so what would PS3 owners spend their money on besides virtual Diesel jeans?

I don't think it was/is a bad idea, but I do think they didn't utilize it correctly or let it live up to its full potential.

I know the program costs millions and millions to research, design, implement and whithold. However, it seems to have just turned into a new Second Life and most people just "cyber" in there. There are some people who use the program legitimately, but for the most part no. It would seem that Home would fit more on the Xbox 360 platform due to Microsoft putting heavy stress on social networking. It would have probably gotten a lot more attention and perhaps done and advertised correctly.

I don't know. The idea is there but the core potential of the product is missing.