By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - was home a bad idea

Boutros said:
How do you guys know many people buy things?

Because when you are in home and someone buys something you can also the the Kaching sound aswell as the person purchasing.

And all you ever here by the shops is Kaching Kaching Kaching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

well, let's answer in 2 points :

- Home, as it is, is not great

3D environnement, complex to do, you have to install it, there is loading time etc ...

- Home is 2D = GG

you can still buy stuff, it is easy to do, for Sony AND for the third party, no loading time, easy to get out/in etc ...

Time to Work !

It made $1 million in its first month and the content available then was much barer.

http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/formats/playstation3/-1-million-goods-sold-in-playstation-home-$1259460.htm

SlipperyMooseCakes said:
I don't think it was/is a bad idea, but I do think they didn't utilize it correctly or let it live up to its full potential.

I know the program costs millions and millions to research, design, implement and whithold. However, it seems to have just turned into a new Second Life and most people just "cyber" in there. There are some people who use the program legitimately, but for the most part no. It would seem that Home would fit more on the Xbox 360 platform due to Microsoft putting heavy stress on social networking. It would have probably gotten a lot more attention and perhaps done and advertised correctly.

I don't know. The idea is there but the core potential of the product is missing.

I agree with the last sentence!!!!!!!!!

As long as people use it and it makes money then it was good idea.

Personally i never felt the need to go there for the second time. But at the same time i don't care about facebooks, twitters etc.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

When I first got my PS3 earlier this year, I went in for about 10 minutes, looked for another person, couldn't find one and thought "You know what, I could be playing a game right now!" so I went and played Uncharted. So in that respect it was a great idea, it made me realize how much more fun gaming is then playing "virtual petz:people".

no, infact was a very good idea!
i go on from time to time to game launch and stuff if there is alot of us but i have never been in home and not seen it busy!
SONY make a nice profit on it so yeh, good idea

CommonMan said:
When I first got my PS3 earlier this year, I went in for about 10 minutes, looked for another person, couldn't find one and thought "You know what, I could be playing a game right now!" so I went and played Uncharted. So in that respect it was a great idea, it made me realize how much more fun gaming is then playing "virtual petz:people".

you couldn't find anyone? when has there ever been an empty room in home? lol 

sorry i just dont understand mate

We should have a tax on exclamation marks.

PlaystaionGamer said:
CommonMan said:

you couldn't find anyone? when has there ever been an empty room in home? lol 

sorry i just dont understand mate

If I'm going to be honest, I only checked out my apartment building and the street outside. I realized that it wasn't something for me pretty quickly, especially when I was staring at an unplayed copy of MGS4 in front of me.