By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Flowerworks (WiiWare) thread, plus more...

shams said:

I want to get some feedback:

We are considering holding a monthly contest. The prize would be a "Free copy of every WiiWare title released in that month". There may also be some runner-up prizes (WiiPoint cards).

Does that sound like a good prize?

Sounds like a pretty good prize, although I would prefer Wii Points to just buy what I like myself.

What type of contest?  How would that work?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

i'd love a contest, but i agree with therepublic, i'd rather just get some points to buy what i want.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

Hmmm, ok. Well, I guess its even easier for us to just send the monthly winner 10,000 Wii points ($100).

How does that sound?

Its not decided yet, but it would be something like:

1/ Every month we issue a simple Flowerworks related question.

2/ We take entries for 2-3 weeks. Each entry would be submitted via a website (or via email), and would need an email address, name and the answer to the question.

3/ At the end of the month, we pick a winner at random - they need to have the right answer of course. We then publish the winner/answer/results, and send the winner their WiiPoints card(s).

If we have runner-ups, they would get 1,000 WiiPoints each (or so).

A sample question would be something related to the game: say "How many entrances does the forest maze have?"

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Good idea.

I would buy this game but the gameplay looks so confusingly hard

Around the Network
MANUELF said:
I would buy this game but the gameplay looks so confusingly hard

Its a lot easier than it looks... we tried to spend a lot of time easing players into it. Make sure you check the dev video in the OP - it gives a better idea of how an early level works.

And if you want to try it out, just grab the PC demo - @flowerworksgame.com

If enough people are keen on the demo idea/format, we'll give it a go for a month. If it gets enough coverage, we'll be happy to make it a regular monthly thing.

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

I've got 109 stars and the game is getting really challenging now. Shams, or anybody else whose played, do you have any advice on what to do on later levels. Specifically I've been having troubles with levels where your dodging the black stars and there is on a little pollen. What can I do to get a lot of points on those levels.
Also, I've been finding I don't use the new powers that you get very often. I think because I'm not entirely sure what they do. Specifically, the Follieworks power, I'm not sure really even how to do it, or why it is useful. Can anybody help me with that.
Also, I'm not sure how the score system works with bubbles, is it better to pop multiples at once? Should I be juggling the bubbles until I can line up a shot were several will pop?
Thanks!

i'll help all i can

with bubbles, you should wait to pop them until you have just shot pollen at a flower (when you have flowers floating in the air) if you pop it then, the bubbles will mix with the flowers and you'll get more points. also you can pop a bubble by running trough it really fast (or ramming it i guess). and it is also good to pop multiple bubbles at once.

i don't really understand the flowerworks powerup either (or do i ever use it). the first couple abilities just seem a little useless to me.

i think your about to get a new ability that will help a bunch with getting combos, so just tough it through for a few more stars to get to it.

i personally think the last two abilities you get (the above one and the one after it) are the most helpful, and really help with getting more stars in levels.

hope that helps :)

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

09tarheel said:
I've got 109 stars and the game is getting really challenging now. Shams, or anybody else whose played, do you have any advice on what to do on later levels. Specifically I've been having troubles with levels where your dodging the black stars and there is on a little pollen. What can I do to get a lot of points on those levels.
Also, I've been finding I don't use the new powers that you get very often. I think because I'm not entirely sure what they do. Specifically, the Follieworks power, I'm not sure really even how to do it, or why it is useful. Can anybody help me with that.
Also, I'm not sure how the score system works with bubbles, is it better to pop multiples at once? Should I be juggling the bubbles until I can line up a shot were several will pop?
Thanks!

Ok guys, here are some hints. And if you read the signs, and check the online manual - there are a lot more.

a) In general, always focus on fireworks and combos.

b) The game gets quite challenging when the pollen count drops. One strategy is to fill up, then avoid all the pollen for a while - and when you combine pollen coming down with pollen coming up - you can get a few more big combos.

c) In general, every extra combo you get doubles the points for the combo. So its really worth trying to line up just that one extra.. it can make a big difference to your score.

d) Don't stress too much about stars. In general, the rule is try to get a star count per level that matches the number of powerups you have. So when you have collected 3, 3 stars on each level is a good place to be.

e) There isn't any big secret to bubbles. Fireworks do cascade - and bubbles can make this happen - but its more likely to come from a series of combos than from bubbles. Its up to you. Bubbles give a fixed point bonus each.

Powers:

Most of the powers are used automatically. The exception is the first powerup, which isn't *that* useful. Its either useful at the very start (a few extra points), or on levels with heaps of pollen.

Something unobvious - as you gain each powerup, Follies "general" power goes up. This means:

- she can carry more pollen

- a follie firework gets bigger

Towards the end of the game, a fully-powered Follie-firework can be pretty scary - throw one of those into the mix, and you'll get a mega-explosion.

Hint: Once you get the double-shot powerup, its important to understand how it works. It not only lets you fire two pollen off at once - both these pollen count towards the same combo! (its mentioned in a sign or two). This is REALLY important - if you hit 4 pollen with the first shot, and another 2 with the 2nd (before the first hits the flower and the chain ends) - it results in a 6-way combo. Mega-points!

The levels with less pollen are just harder. If you struggle too much, you can always drop the diff. When there is a real lack of pollen, just try to use every single one - and at least pair, or triple them up such that every single one gives you a combo.

Tomorrow I'll write up a post about all the powerups, and exactly what they do. The last one is quite interesting, and posed some interesting dilemmas for dev...

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

Thanks vonboy and shams, that helps a lot.