By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Flowerworks (WiiWare) thread, plus more...

I just beat the game earlier today, although there is still the other areas to explore. Overall I really enjoyed the game, and hope there will be a sequel someday. I have played quite a few WiiWare games and I would say FlowerWorks would definitely make my top 5 for the service, maybe even top 3.

Around the Network
shams said:
BTW - first review is in, and its a 8.5!!

http://thehanafudatimes.com/?p=4863

Its actually pretty close to how I would review Flowerworks, and the sort of score I would give it.

I very rarely get into hard games.  My main exception is puzzle games, but even them, I rarely get into hard games.  Since this game is $10 and the review says it is very hard, I'm going to pass.  If it was $5, I'd give it a try but $10 is too much to try a game out.  Nothing against you.  I quite playing RE4 after 30 minutes even, because I thought it was too hard to bother with.  That rental just set me back a dollar, though.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

FreeTalkLive said:
shams said:
BTW - first review is in, and its a 8.5!!

http://thehanafudatimes.com/?p=4863

Its actually pretty close to how I would review Flowerworks, and the sort of score I would give it.

I very rarely get into hard games.  My main exception is puzzle games, but even them, I rarely get into hard games.  Since this game is $10 and the review says it is very hard, I'm going to pass.  If it was $5, I'd give it a try but $10 is too much to try a game out.  Nothing against you.  I quite playing RE4 after 30 minutes even, because I thought it was too hard to bother with.  That rental just set me back a dollar, though.

I don't actually think "hard" is the right word for the game... its more challenging. There are a bunch of strategies to learn/master - and once you do, the game becomes a lot easier. Although Ive been a gamer for 20+ years, I'm not the best gamer around... when a really hard game comes along - I just suck at it. Yet I have managed to master Flowerworks, and blow through it on hard ;)

If you have doubts, check out the PC demo - it gives you a good taste for the game. And worst case, the game has 3 difficulty settings - and lets you switch diff settings in game. So if it does become hard - you can always switch diff down, and keep playing.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

09tarheel said:
I just beat the game earlier today, although there is still the other areas to explore. Overall I really enjoyed the game, and hope there will be a sequel someday. I have played quite a few WiiWare games and I would say FlowerWorks would definitely make my top 5 for the service, maybe even top 3.

Awesome, stories like this make me very happy (to be a dev :>).

I know there are a couple of people here who have finished it now - can I get some stats from you?

a) What diff(s) did you finish it on?

b) What % are you on? Keep going until you get to 100% if you dare! (took me ages)

c) How long did you play before getting to the end? Before getting 100%?

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

A) easy

b) on my first game, i got to like 54%. i'm kinda confused, because i 5-stared like 48 levels. do i have to play on higher difficulty to get a higher completion percentage?

c)if you count mama as the end, then like 8-9 hours. i had played the pc version some before i got the wiiware version, so i already half knew what to do :b.

so, does getting 100% include 5 staring every level, and getting all the coins, seeds, signs, ect on the map, or what? does the difficulty matter?

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

Around the Network

To get to 100%, you have to do everything - except read the hints (which are always optional). This includes collecting every coin, reading every sign, getting 5-stars on each level. I can't remember if there is a level/difficulty weighting - there may well be.

It took me close to 20hrs to get 100%. There was 1 coin (in the meadow region) which was hard to get, as a tree almost completely obscured it from view.

Its likely Europe will get a tweaked version, with a few minor changes.

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

vonboysp said:
A) easy

b) on my first game, i got to like 54%. i'm kinda confused, because i 5-stared like 48 levels. do i have to play on higher difficulty to get a higher completion percentage?

c)if you count mama as the end, then like 8-9 hours. i had played the pc version some before i got the wiiware version, so i already half knew what to do :b.

so, does getting 100% include 5 staring every level, and getting all the coins, seeds, signs, ect on the map, or what? does the difficulty matter?

Hi! The difficulty definitely does count towards your ranking, but not to your completion %, from memory. To get the top ranking, you need to complete the game on hard.

Basically, if you want to reach 100% completion, you need to max out all the stats lines on the stats screen, as well as master all the levels.

cheers,

James.

This game is SOO addictive. It has quickly become one of my favorite puzzle games ever. BUT- for the life of me, I can't find levels 46 and up. I have no idea why- I've been gaming since before I could read, but I can't find level 46, lol. I've been biding my time replaying the previous levels for more stars. Can anyone help me out?
Thanks much!
Remy

shams said:

POWERUPS:

• Follie Firework: The first powerup collected, in the meadow. When Follie is filled with pollen, the next pollen release will generate a firework using all of the pollen at once. Useful near the start, and near the end... but the least useful (and used) power up in the game.

So you do not have to press down on the directional arrow to release a Follie Firework? for some reason I thought that you did.

RemyLebeauIAm said:
This game is SOO addictive. It has quickly become one of my favorite puzzle games ever. BUT- for the life of me, I can't find levels 46 and up. I have no idea why- I've been gaming since before I could read, but I can't find level 46, lol. I've been biding my time replaying the previous levels for more stars. Can anyone help me out?
Thanks much!
Remy

Hi Remy - sorry, missed your post here... but answered it on the PM ;)

For any others that are stuck...

The 4 extra levels are all around the swamp region, and can also be accessed by using the 'cross-world' bridges.

The last of the levels is a 'bonus' level, which is only accessible once you get every star on every level. You could call it a bonus level...

Glad to hear you are enjoying the game!!

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website