By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Flowerworks (WiiWare) thread, plus more...

Shovelware lol, I prefer Flower.

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

Around the Network
demonfox13 said:

Lol, really? And you know this because you have played it to death... right?

Its only had 3 scores so far (8, 8, 8.5) - but we are going to have a lot more arrive in the coming week or two.

But hey... if you say its shovelware... you MUST be right!

If you have any criticisms based on ... fact! ... I'd love to hear them :)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:
demonfox13 said:

Its only had 3 scores so far (8, 8, 8.5) - but we are going to have a lot more arrive in the coming week or two.

you should know shams that you are supposed to ignore the trolls...

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

shams said:
demonfox13 said:

quick advice shams. DON'T argue with an idiot. he'll just bring you down to his level and beat you with experience >.<

also, wow. i didn't know that the double shot can count two shots for the same combo. that instantly makes it more useful :)

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

nordlead said:
shams said:
demonfox13 said:

you should know shams that you are supposed to ignore the trolls...

Sorry, even I enjoy feeding a bridge troll occasionally... :)

I was interested to hear if he had anything interesting to say though... ahh well!

Yeah, we were concerned that the double shot ability was not communicated properly. I'll post later today, and talk about all the powerups.

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

Around the Network

<Spoilers>

POWERUPS:

• Follie Firework: The first powerup collected, in the meadow. When Follie is filled with pollen, the next pollen release will generate a firework using all of the pollen at once. Useful near the start, and near the end... but the least useful (and used) power up in the game.
  • Pollen Attraction: Second powerup collected, this time from the forest. In some ways, this is my favourite one in the game. When Follie holds a pollen, all the pollen on the screen of the matching colour will be slowly attracted to Follie. Use this to help line pollen up and increase the combo/firework count when a pollen is launched.

• Rapid Reload: Picked up from the Cactus NPC in the desert, Follie can now release two pollen at once. Any combos triggered by the 2nd pollen count towards the combo count for the first pollen. When used properly, this can massively increase your score/combo count. Using this consumes pollen twice as quick though.
  • Super Pollen: This powerup is collected from the ruined city, before entering the final (nasty) area of the game. Very simply, it makes your pollen larger. This has a double effect of making it easier to collect pollen, but also making it easier to collect more pollen. So you'll get combos more easily, and they will be bigger. It does also however make it easier to collect black stars or pop nasty bubbles. Be wary!
  • Time Control: The final powerup of the game, this is collected at the volcano before the crator region - and the most impactful by far. By giving Follie a pair of "cool" sunglasses, she is able to simulate moves from the matrix (yes, this is a joke! :>) - and effectively slow down time. This gives the player more time for flowers, combos, more accuracy (and more). More importantly - pollen still spawns at the same rate, effectively creating extra pollen on the screen at all times. This helps significantly when dealing with levels with low pollen spawn counts.

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

Another review is in... another 8. Its a well written and fair review IMO:

http://www.gamersdailynews.com/article-2260-Flowerworks-Review-WiiWare.html

...I'm pretty happy that our lowest score to date is an 8... sure it won't last though. There should be some extra reviews coming in the next week or so...

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

Can you give any info on how it is selling so far?

...and another review - this time a 'A-' (9/10? 8.5/10?). Very happy with that!

http://www.wiisworld.com/wiiware-reviews/Flowerworks.html

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

rastari said:
Can you give any info on how it is selling so far?

Talking about sales probably deserves a thread of its own. I'll say that the legs have been excellent, and sales are building nicely. We really need a few more weeks before really commenting though...

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website