By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3's first 6 Million Seller is ALMOST here

Why some are expecting Agent to sell 5 million? Here is the list of games which will likely sell over 5 million LTD.

Modern Warfare

Modern Warfare 2

MGS4

GT5

FFXIII (PS3 version)

FFvXIII

GT5p (Currently @ 4.17 million shipped as of SEP 09)

Ofcourse there are many unnounced games which will sell over 5 million. But by end of 2010 PS3 will have atleast "8" 5 million sellers.

Around the Network
koffieboon said:
Feylic said:
koffieboon said:
darthdevidem01 said:
koffieboon said:
And this is noteworthy because?

Because its the first Ps3 game to do 6 million before gran Turismo 5 will

So next week another thread for GTA IV reaching 6.01 million?

Yes, because there were tons of threads about it hitting .01, .02, .03, .04.....  Come on, really?

Does it really make a difference whether a game sells 6 million or 6.02 million? Besides, it hasn't even reached 6 million yet. And even if it does, that still doesn't make 6 million some very special mark.

A million is generally a big number, so yes, 5 to 6 million is a big difference. Maybe if it was 500 to 501 million that wouldn't matter so much.

so 6 million makes your game a SUPERHIT?

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

koffieboon said:
pvaapuri said:
koffieboon said: 

You on the other hand just posted some arbitrary number and you still haven't provided an answer. If you feel this is worthwhile to start a thread about is it so weird I at least ask you to provide some reasoning from your part why you think this is some special milestone worthy of discussing?

I think the title of the thread gives a pretty good indication of why this is worthy of discussion, but from your attitude it's clear that you really don't have any kind words for the system that this thread is about.  And if you really feel that this is not discussion worthy then stop posting.

Yet you still fail to provide any reason why this is actually noteworthy, instead you're making false accusations on my behalf. How about you first write a nice little piece of text why it is important for GTA 4 on PS3 to reach this "milestone" so we actually have something to discuss about.

Goddamn, why being so stubborn?! I think they all get the point that you think this thread isn't necessary and that you think that the first game to reach 6 million units sold on the PS3 isn't noteworthy. They get it, can't you just let it go? Besides, it seems that you're the only one in this thread that thinks this thread isn't necessary, can't you just let them celebrate this milestone? I think the question is not if a first 6 million seller on PS3 is noteworthy, i think the question is why are you making such a big deal out of this?

Anyway, do what you want. Freedom of speech FTW!

edjevink said:
koffieboon said:
pvaapuri said:
koffieboon said: 

You on the other hand just posted some arbitrary number and you still haven't provided an answer. If you feel this is worthwhile to start a thread about is it so weird I at least ask you to provide some reasoning from your part why you think this is some special milestone worthy of discussing?

I think the title of the thread gives a pretty good indication of why this is worthy of discussion, but from your attitude it's clear that you really don't have any kind words for the system that this thread is about.  And if you really feel that this is not discussion worthy then stop posting.

Yet you still fail to provide any reason why this is actually noteworthy, instead you're making false accusations on my behalf. How about you first write a nice little piece of text why it is important for GTA 4 on PS3 to reach this "milestone" so we actually have something to discuss about.

Goddamn, why being so stubborn?! I think they all get the point that you think this thread isn't necessary and that you think that the first game to reach 6 million units sold on the PS3 isn't noteworthy. They get it, can't you just let it go? Besides, it seems that you're the only one in this thread that thinks this thread isn't necessary, can't you just let them celebrate this milestone? I think the question is not if a first 6 million seller on PS3 is noteworthy, i think the question is why are you making such a big deal out of this?

If people continue to react to me I'm sure I have the right to reply. All I asked is why this is actually worthy of its own thread. Quite a logical question seeing the OP completely lacks substance. And the most sophisticated reaction I receive is "it’s a nice round number", along with false accusations of hating the PS3 and an attempt to discredit me by pointing towards some thread I started one and a half years ago. And the fact that after 60 posts in this thread nobody actually provided a reason why this is noteworthy only proves why my question is justified. But lets just leave it at that. Don't reply to me and I'll let you celebrate this "great milestone" in peace.

Around the Network
Mr.VideoGames09 said:
Kantor said:
When Others sales come in, it should safely cross the mark.

Next will be MW2.

Then GT5.

Then maybe Agent (MAYBE).

Agent? Really? Your saying Agent sales will be more than Metal Gear Solid 4, I doubt it.

Could happen.

No MGS game has ever broken 6 million. No GTA on a console has failed to break 10 million since 2001.

I don't expect Agent to sell on GTA (combined) levels, of course, and 6 million isn't likely, but it's possible. I say ~3-4 million is more likely, depending on marketing and, of course, quality.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Wow good job PS3, hopefully more to come. It took so long though, its been the first 5 million seller since forever :P

Others to follow: GT5 and MW2 are sure hits. Maybe GoW3 can do it? hopefully   Edit: forgot abt FF13, definite contender

koffieboon said:
edjevink said:
koffieboon said:
pvaapuri said:
koffieboon said: 

If people continue to react to me I'm sure I have the right to reply. All I asked is why this is actually worthy of its own thread. Quite a logical question seeing the OP completely lacks substance. And the most sophisticated reaction I receive is "it’s a nice round number", along with false accusations of hating the PS3 and an attempt to discredit me by pointing towards some thread I started one and a half years ago. And the fact that after 60 posts in this thread nobody actually provided a reason why this is noteworthy only proves why my question is justified. But lets just leave it at that. Don't reply to me and I'll let you celebrate this "great milestone" in peace.

To you this is not a great milestone, to me it also is NOT a great milestone, so in that regard i totally agree with you. BUT, apparently it is a great milestone in the eyes of the writer of the OP, and clearly in the eyes of a lot of others as well. So, who decides what is noteworty and what is not? The answer is: nobody.

The writer of the OP thinks this is noteworthy so he has the right to start a thread about it so people can come in and place a comment if they want to. You on the other hand thinks this is not noteworthy, and i feel the same way, so this thread clearly is not meant for us. What does this tell me? That we should've stayed out of this thread and let the ones who feel this IS noteworthy celebrate the fact that PS3 has it's first 6 million seller.

Fact is that not all people think and feel the same way, or like the same things. So, arguing about the fact that this is or is not a milestone is kind of pointless and therefor unnecessary imo.

CGI-Quality said:
Scottpot said:

Hoorah!....This is what Killzone was supposed to do though

6 million? According to who?

CrazzyMan.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

koffieboon said:
edjevink said:
koffieboon said:
pvaapuri said:
koffieboon said: 

The reason no one gave you a reason for this being a milestone is simply that most recognise a ***** when they spot one.

These ***** posters are best ignored.