By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3's first 6 Million Seller is ALMOST here

edjevink said:
koffieboon said:
edjevink said:
koffieboon said:
pvaapuri said:
koffieboon said: 

You on the other hand just posted some arbitrary number and you still haven't provided an answer. If you feel this is worthwhile to start a thread about is it so weird I at least ask you to provide some reasoning from your part why you think this is some special milestone worthy of discussing?

I think the title of the thread gives a pretty good indication of why this is worthy of discussion, but from your attitude it's clear that you really don't have any kind words for the system that this thread is about.  And if you really feel that this is not discussion worthy then stop posting.

Yet you still fail to provide any reason why this is actually noteworthy, instead you're making false accusations on my behalf. How about you first write a nice little piece of text why it is important for GTA 4 on PS3 to reach this "milestone" so we actually have something to discuss about.

Goddamn, why being so stubborn?! I think they all get the point that you think this thread isn't necessary and that you think that the first game to reach 6 million units sold on the PS3 isn't noteworthy. They get it, can't you just let it go? Besides, it seems that you're the only one in this thread that thinks this thread isn't necessary, can't you just let them celebrate this milestone? I think the question is not if a first 6 million seller on PS3 is noteworthy, i think the question is why are you making such a big deal out of this?

Anyway, do what you want. Freedom of speech FTW!

If people continue to react to me I'm sure I have the right to reply. All I asked is why this is actually worthy of its own thread. Quite a logical question seeing the OP completely lacks substance. And the most sophisticated reaction I receive is "it’s a nice round number", along with false accusations of hating the PS3 and an attempt to discredit me by pointing towards some thread I started one and a half years ago. And the fact that after 60 posts in this thread nobody actually provided a reason why this is noteworthy only proves why my question is justified. But lets just leave it at that. Don't reply to me and I'll let you celebrate this "great milestone" in peace.

To you this is not a great milestone, to me it also is NOT a great milestone, so in that regard i totally agree with you. BUT, apparently it is a great milestone in the eyes of the writer of the OP, and clearly in the eyes of a lot of others as well. So, who decides what is noteworty and what is not? The answer is: nobody.

The writer of the OP thinks this is noteworthy so he has the right to start a thread about it so people can come in and place a comment if they want to. You on the other hand thinks this is not noteworthy, and i feel the same way, so this thread clearly is not meant for us. What does this tell me? That we should've stayed out of this thread and let the ones who feel this IS noteworthy celebrate the fact that PS3 has it's first 6 million seller.

Fact is that not all people think and feel the same way, or like the same things. So, arguing about the fact that this is or is not a milestone is kind of pointless and therefor unnecessary imo.

I don't think there is anything wrong with people discussing topics they'll never end up agreeing about. I'd even go as far as say it is the fundamental basis for all forums on internet. And if the topic starter only wants a cheer thread about this great accomplishment maybe he should add it to his OP.

Around the Network

Edit: Never mind, just all go enjoy your great milestone.

^ We will.

Edit:  Crap, forgot what I was originally going to post.  I hope we do see more games sell like this, especially ones that deserve it.  But on the same token, if a game sells enough to make it a success in the developers' and gamers' eyes, I think that's good enough.  I mean a game doesn't have to sell gazilions of copies to be considered a success.  I think we've all been kinda skewed by the incredibly hyped and advertised 10 mil seller Halo 3.  You know, I've always wondered with all the ads (God, was it everywhere)  how much profit that game really made them.  Still oodles I'm sure.

wow now it's like the first 9 million seller is here 

haven't some of the CoD games already hit 6million?

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D

Around the Network
Gojimaster said:

This thread was posted over a year ago.

Incidentally, I was correct about the next 6-million seller being Modern Warfare 2. But I think Black Ops did it before GT5

Still, GT5 will make it comfortably, and I guess Agent might, if it is ever actually released.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Gojimaster said:

This thread was posted over a year ago.

Incidentally, I was correct about the next 6-million seller being Modern Warfare 2. But I think Black Ops did it before GT5

Still, GT5 will make it comfortably, and I guess Agent might, if it is ever actually released.

yeah and IF FF Versus will see a release on the PS3 (ill be aiming at the developing time not some multi-plat-thing) it will also be a big contender to the 6 million mark...BELIEVE ME! ^^

at first i was HUH?

but then i saw the thread date.

what an arb thread to necro.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

I thought something was fishy about this thread.

lol old thread. Yep, I was confused too with all that comments.

Great! Who was the genius? ¬¬

Try my new level at LittleBigPlanet: Amok's Cave ;D

Get your Portable ID!

Currently playing 
PS3: Uncharted 3, Resistance 3.
Wii: - 

Hyped for: The Last Guardian, Binary Domain.